1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Universal Health Care or is it Criminalized Health Care?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The term "Universal Health Care" as is presented by the left gives the initial impression that such a system will allow anyone to just go and get the medical care they need any time they want. You would expect in such a system that after having done this you would finish your visit with your doctor or at the hospital without ever receiving a bill.

I believe the term "Universal Health Care" is misleading when used to indicate the plans of current Democratic Presidential Candidates. And I believe it is intentionally used to mislead the American public. Why? Well to paraphrase recent comments made by Bill Clinton "Because it wouldn't get a lick of political support" if it was called what it really is.

"Forced Health Care"

That's right! The left want to claim some big purpose in life so they concoct this ignorant plan to criminalize those who cannot afford Health care or just plain do not want to spend the money on it. Here is another option for a name:

"Criminalized Health Care"

That's right. The communist agenda of the left wants to make criminals of anyone who dares to buck their psuedo-health care plan. Suggestions of making it mandatory by law or taking it directly from our paychecks without our consent have been made. I suppose they feel they can claim "Universal Coverage" if everyone has it (after threat of being a criminal or stealing it from your paycheck).

This is one more example of the inane ideas of the left to give an appearance of having done something about a problem they either made up or greatly exagerated. And as Rush Limbaugh suggests "They do not want you to question their accomplishments and effectiveness, but only praise them for their good intentions."

In a "Town Hall" type meeting hosted by CNN in 2007 Hillary was asked a question that came from a freelance writer named Kiara Ashanti, who wanted to know why the Democratic White House hopeful was pushing for, what he called, “socialized medicine.” “Why are you still insisting upon moving that system in here when particularly it will hurt African American communities more than anyone else?” Ashanti asked.

Hillary's response was “Oh, man – that was a string of misrepresentations about me and the systems in other countries,” Clinton began her response. “Number one, I have never advocated socialized medicine, and I hope all the journalists hear that loudly and clearly because that has been a right-wing attack on me for 15 years, and it is wrong.”

Once again the Clinton spin machine goes to work to ignore the nature of what they are attempting to do. And to once again quote her husband it is because "it will not get a lick of political support" if it is known for what it really is. Socialized Health Care.

The truth is "Universal health Care" is no where to be seen and is not currently proposed by any of the Presidential Candidadtes. However, Criminal Socialized health care is what is currently on the table.

#1 Revmitchell, Feb 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2008
  2. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Here is a map of the countries in the world that practice the evil known as criminalized health care. Link
    Maybe the U.S. should liberate the poor victims of these evil tyrants. ;)

#2 Gold Dragon, Feb 21, 2008
  3. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    We have some missionaries who just retired from the field from Italy, where there is this type of health care. It is NOT a good thing. They said the wait time for a chest X-ray was 3 months--that's if you need it right now. About half of the people's income goes for taxes to support the health care system and because medical care is "free" the system is loaded with people getting unnecessary tests. Folks who really need the tests have to wait a long time. In the case of a chest X-ray, you're either healed of pneumonia or dead by the time you get your X-ray.

Oh, and if you have a REAL emergency, you can bribe the doctor with a lot of money (on top of the heavy taxes you paid) and he can work you in next week. And you honestly want this kind of healthcare?

4. sag38

sag38 Active Member

I agree. Universal Health Care is not the answer. It does not work. We have the best health care system in the United States and we are about to destroy it by giving more of it over to the Federal Goverment. If you want a good idea of the way things will be just take a look at your local Veteran's Hospital. I haven't been in one yet that could even come close to most private hospitals.

5. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So your saying at these countries will make you a criminal if you do not purchase your own health care?

Which is what the libs want us to do.

6. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is that map accurate? I'm not asking to challenge you. I'm just shocked at the potential hypocrisy of funding universal health care in Afghanistan and Iraq while it is denigrated back home. Are we trying to spread communism???? GASP :laugh:

7. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are many reasons to reject the Obama/Clinton healthcare plans but the main reason is that their plans are unconstitutional.

8. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

How did we ever get to the point in this country where we expect our employer to provide our health care? What right do these politicians have to mandate businesses provide health care to their employees? Where is this in the constitution?

So you are comparing the United States health care system to that of Africa's? Get real will you.

#8 Ps104_33, Feb 21, 2008
  9. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes, not paying the portion of your taxes that pays for your health care in those countries is criminal.

10. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

Universal health care is exactly what America needs and wants. After the presidential election, the president, probably Obama will work towards these goals, with the support of the American people I might add.

11. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And yet no candidate is actually proposing "Universal health Care".

12. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

:thumbs:

What's next universal car insurance?

To get your driver's license or renew it for many, the person should have to show proof of insurance.

13. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For a license, it wouldn't be necessary. You can drive another person's insured car. For auto registration, it is often required to show proof. It is definitely required to have insurance.

14. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

When I renew my license I have to sign a paper stating that I have insurance. If I didn't have insurance I would be lying. I have insurance, so I'm not. Wonder how many are lying?

15. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

In my state you have to show proof of insurance at registration and when getting a state inspection sticker, not just say you have it.

16. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In my state, you don't have to show proof at any time. I disagree with this method.