1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Unlawful Orders

Discussion in 'Vets and Friends' started by Salty, Jun 19, 2019.

1. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Provide documentation please.

2. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm stunned you have failed to mention the German war crimes against the Russians. Russian POWs were often shot in the field, and many who were not immediately executed died en route to prison camps where Russians were treated more cruelly than in many concentration camps. And I haven't even mention the Holocaust or the summary executions of those thought to be willing Communists. When the Red Army was finally able to advance into the core of the Nazi lands, they took vengeance against the German-speaking populace with gang rapes of women and girls, summary executions, and general looting of everything of value.

Now I'm not excusing the Russians, but their motives can be understood. My mother and her family were liberated from a concentration (labor) camp in Poland by the Red Army, but warned that the soldiers coming behind their liberators might kill them. So they traveled westward across Europe, trying to stay between the retreating German armies and the Red Army until they ended up in Austria where they had relatives. However, they ended up in the Soviet zone where the Russian soldiers would routinely rob citizens and much, much worse.

True. The US ended up fighting the kind of war the Japanese fought, which means we didn't take that many prisoners. Partially because the Japanese tended not to surrender, and partially because US servicemen were often killed by soldiers who pretended to surrender, but instead tried to kill his captors.

The fire bombings of Japanese cities by American forces was exceptionally cruel. That characterized the Pacific theater. There was no shortage of cruelty during WWII.

3. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am stunned that you failed to mention the Russian crimes against humanity in Eastern Europe and their war crimes against the German prisoners of war. The Russian motives are not understandable but stem from their demonic communist doctrines under Lenin and Stalin.

The bombings of Chinese cities by Japanese forces was exceptionally cruel. The Japanese atrocities in Korea were on a par with Russian sadism.

4. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you are referring to post-war actions, I did not mention them since we were talking about WWII. If you were referring to actions during WWII, I certainly mentioned them. I put them into the context of the German atrocities. Moreover, I mention that the Russians sought vengeance against Germans. I know you are attempting to be cute here, but I am well aware of Russian violence and atrocities.

Vengeance is not understandable? Okay...

The German armies killed tens of millions of Russians, starved Leningrad (Saint Petersberg), and spread destruction everywhere they went. If you don't understand why that motivated vengeance, I don't know what would.

That has something to do with it. Stalinist communism depersonalized individuals, so there was less consideration of the value of human life.

Yes, they were. I mentioned Japanese atrocities in China in a previous post.

The Japanese atrocities in Korea were on par with what they did everywhere else. I have Korean family members and one of them was a boy in Korea during the Japanese occupation and had to flee from Japanese soldiers during one of their attacks.

As I said previously, there was plenty of sadism and butchery all around. As I said previously, I was stunned that you did not mention the Nazi atrocities while you were eagerly blasting the Russians.

5. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Stalin took eastern Europe more or less in the closing days of WW II. I think that your opinion of Stalin is not understandable, okay?

I am stunned that you actually think that the Nazis were worse than the Russians. Stalin murdered more than anyone else other than another communist, Mao. Putin is very dangerous and it is criminal that Hillary took at least $145 million from Putin.

6. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Stalin killed more people than Hitler because Stalin won. Had Hitler won, his death toll would have been astronomical.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Stalin was murdering big time long before he invaded Poland along with the Nazis on September 1, 1939. If you consider that WW II began with Japan and Italy long before when they attacked places such as Ethiopia, China, and Mongolia, then Stalin was purging his army and his party and his own country long before 1939. Another thing about Stalin and Poland is that not only did he invade in coordination with the Germans, but also he stood by while Germany destroyed Warsaw in 1944. The reason that we don't know as much about Russian atrocities is that they were done behind a totalitarian veil of secrecy and not reported by any outsider. For example, during the Great Depression, in 1932 Stalin starved the Ukraine but the New York Times denied that this was true and supported Stalin. The Russians wiped out entire people groups, entire villages, entire classes, entire religious orders, and the entire Romanov family, including children. It wasn't until recent times that countries colonized by Stalin illegally in World War II finally gained their independence. You would have to say, for example, that Russian murder in Poland began in 1939 and continued until 1989.

8. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, obviously.

I have not expressed my opinion of Stalin. It sounds like you have jumped to a false conclusion.

I said nothing of the sort. Your imagination is running away with you.

Yes, I agree.

Yes, I agree. He has been attacking our elections since 2015. I wish our President had enough sense and nerve to stand up to him.

9. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Had Hitler won, he would have eventually killed most non-white inhabitants of the Earth, and a good share of the white ones.
    He would have eventually turned on Japan.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You got that right. Our firebombing of Japanese cities killed more people (mostly civilians) than the two atomic bombs, and getting sprayed by a flamethrower or attacked by the new invention called napalm was one hell of a way to go. WW2 was total war on all sides with practically no holding back by anyone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump stands up to Putin. B.H.O. was the one who let him run unchecked.

12. MartyF

MartyF Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    For which part?

13. MartyF

MartyF Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Making Mountains out of molehills. What do you want Trump to do? Start a Nuclear War? What hasn't he done that Obama did do to hinder Russia?

China has messed with our elections far more than Russia. China cracks down on Christians. Russia needs to be contained, but they are not the biggest problem. What did Obama say? "The 1980s wants their foreign policy back."

14. MartyF

MartyF Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  15. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "The Geneva convention has to do with the treatment of prisoners and civilians.

The soldiers in the water were fair game since they weren’t prisoners yet and the commander had not accepted a surrender."

16. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  17. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The President can't even bring himself to admit that Russia has attacked our elections. Worse than that, in the presence of Putin, he is his lapdog. He very publicly agreed with Putin -- against our intelligence and military -- that Russia had nothing to do with election meddling. That's cowardice, or worse.

18. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  19. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why didn't Obama do something since he was President during the election? Was it because the Dems all thought that Hillary would win in spite of her small crowds? It was Romney who said in 2012 that Russia was still dangerous and the Dems thought that was funny and Obama sent a message to Putin that he could be more flexible after the election. What did Obama mean by that?

20. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He did. He told Putin to stop in September 2016. In October 2016, the US intelligence community issued a statement that Russia was behind the theft and dissemination of the Democratic e-mails. He also tried to get Republican leaders like Mitch McConnell to issue a joint statement with him to make a public statement and send a letter to urge state governors to urge shoring up their defenses of election infrastructure, but Republican leaders refused to act. In addition, Obama issued sanctions against to punish Russia for their activities and ejected 35 Russian diplomats to make the point.

So Obama did quite a bit. He was also concerned that it not look like he was meddling in the election, so he was limited in what he could do since the Republicans were not willing to take bipartisan action.