1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Unreal USA Today Headline

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by poncho, Oct 18, 2012.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

How misleading can a "news" article get? Try this headline: "Federal Reserve bombing plot foiled in NYC" (see here). There never was a plot to foil. There never was an independent plot to foil. The plot was of the FBI's own devising and instigation. What? Did the FBI foil its own plot? This makes no sense. The FBI simply terminated a procedure to entrap some naive would-be bomber. The FBI even helped him select his imaginary target. "FBI arrests dupe" is more like it, or "FBI stings dupe", or "FBI concludes bombing sting with an arrest".

A sting operation like this doesn't foil anything. It SETS UP someone for a fall. It's an enhanced frame-up done with the FBI-encouraged participation of the person framed. The FBI agents literally become criminals, conspire as criminals, further the planned crime, and create the crime. They should arrest themselves.

The big negative from this is its propaganda value. It keeps alive the myth that America is under constant terrorist threats. It keeps alive the myth that massive resources must be allocated to federal agencies to counter these threats. It keeps alive the myth that the U.S. needs to remake the Muslim world in order to keep America safe. It keeps alive the myth that Americans must abandon the Bill of Rights or their natural rights in order to be secure from these threats.

These stings are ways to create a big bad BOGEYMAN that really doesn't exist.

Michael S. Rozeff

This has been the "MO" of every so called FBI terror sting since 2001. Is there really that few real terrorists out there that the FBI has to spend endless man hours and millions in taxpayer dollars to create it's own terrorists and terror plots to foil?

#1 poncho, Oct 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2012
  2. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

I would like to see what evidence the author has that shows that this guy is innocent, and that the FBI routinely forces innocent people to plot criminal acts so that they may be arrested for the purpose of obtaining good press.

Oh, I forget...conspiracy nuts don't need evidence.

3. targus

targus New Member

"Federal agents began tracking Nafis in July, about seven months after he had arrived in the United States, when he told a government informant that he wanted to launch a major attack in the country."

It seems to me that the FBI acted on a tip that Nafis was planning to do harm.

So Poncho thinks that the FBI should wait until a terrorist commits the act before arresting anyone?

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Hey Arbo instead of calling me names why don't you look at the evidence?

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2011/08/fbi-terrorist-informants

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-201_162-7103284.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/documents-provide-rare-insight-into-fbis-terrorism-stings/2012/04/13/gIQASJ6CGT_story.html

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...ing-breaking-up-its-own-terrorist-plots.shtml

http://lewrockwell.com/rep2/fbi-behind-most-us-terror-plots.html

The FBI’S Latest Muslim Terrorist Sting UPDATE

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/nov/16/fbi-entrapment-fake-terror-plots

http://www.salon.com/2011/11/02/fbi_entraps_old_white_guys_in_terror_sting_just_like_they_do_to_young_muslim_men/

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/sep/18/opinion/la-oe-bartosiewicz-informants-20110918

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/washington/2010-12-15-fbi-sting_N.htm?loc=interstitialskip

http://www.thenation.com/article/168380/deploying-informants-fbi-stings-muslims

http://www.motherjones.com/about/pr...nalism-award-fbi-terrorism-informant-database

http://www.bendbulletin.com/article/20120414/NEWS0107/204140373/

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories...be-fbi-needs-to-find-a-real-terrorist-275469/

It seems that you are the one who isn't looking at the evidence. Everyone else seems to be and they are all questioning these FBI pre-emptive "sting" tactics aka entrapment. I guess in your world that makes everyone but you nuts huh? :rolleyes:

But why let facts get in the way? It is better to scare the hell out of Americans and persuade them that they should surrender civil liberties just so they can sit safely at home and watch the cable news programs. [1]

Next time take your own advise and look at all the evidence before you go accusing others of not looking at it.

Got news for ya buddy in the USA people are presumed innocent until proven guilty not the other way around. Man, it must really irk you that not everyone is as quick to give up their rights without question as you.

#4 poncho, Oct 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2012
  5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

FBI promised "martyrdom payments" to sting target

ALEXANDRIA, Va. – Court papers show an FBI sting operation promised "martyrdom payments" of up to $1,000 a month to a Moroccan immigrant who eventually volunteered to kill himself in a plot to bomb the U.S. Capitol.

FOX NEWS

How about it Arbo if this guy was a real terrorist do you suppose the FBI would have had to bribe him into blowing himself up?

6. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

It is standard practice to pay the family of suicide bombers in the Middle East.

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I didn't realize Alexandria Virginia was part of the middle east. Morocco isn't part of the middle east either is it?

#7 poncho, Oct 19, 2012
  8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Here's yet more evidence you must have overlooked Arbo.

According to the Center on National Security at Fordham Law School, there have been 138 terrorism or national security prosecutions involving informants since 2001, and more than a third of those have occurred in the past three years. Nearly every major post-9/11 terrorism-related prosecution has involved a sting operation, at the center of which is a government informant. In these cases, the informants—who work for money or are seeking leniency on criminal charges of their own—have crossed the line from merely observing potential criminal behavior to encouraging and assisting people to participate in plots that are largely scripted by the FBI itself. Under the FBI’s guiding hand, the informants provide the weapons, suggest the targets and even initiate the inflammatory political rhetoric that later elevates the charges to the level of terrorism.

CONTINUE . . .

In all but three of these "high profile" terror busts it's the same story.

Under the FBI’s guiding hand, the informants provide the weapons, suggest the targets and even initiate the inflammatory political rhetoric that later elevates the charges to the level of terrorism.

You can call me names and accuse me of being nuts until the cows come home but that still doesn't change the fact the FBI has a long track record of creating terrorist threats where none exist. Are there real terrorists out there? Yeah I'm pretty sure there are but how is wasting time and money creating all these phantom threats keeping us safe from them? Wouldn't the time and money be better spent chasing real terrorists instead of inventing them?

And what does it say about "the giant threat of terrorism" we're reminded of every day that exists out there if the FBI has to create terrorists just to make a bust? Think about it man.

I remember a time not to long ago I was labeled a nut case for saying that the US and it's NATO allies were training, arming and funding Islamic extremists including "Al Qaeda" and using them as proxy fighters to overthrow the governments of Libya and Syria. Now it's all a "mainstream consensus" turns out I wasn't such a nut case after all.

I'm not a nut case as you keep suggesting. I just take it upon myself to be informed instead of manipulated. Maybe you should do the same, huh?

Even the people at Rolling Stone magazine get it!

How FBI Entrapment Is Inventing 'Terrorists' - and Letting Bad Guys Off the Hook.

This past October, at an Occupy encampment in Cleveland, Ohio, "suspicious males with walkie-talkies around their necks" and "scarves or towels around their heads" were heard grumbling at the protesters' unwillingness to act violently. At meetings a few months later, one of them, a 26-year-old with a black Mohawk known as "Cyco," explained to his anarchist colleagues how "you can make plastic explosives with bleach," and the group of five men fantasized about what they might blow up. Cyco suggested a small bridge. One of the others thought they’d have a better chance of not hurting people if they blew up a cargo ship. A third, however, argued for a big bridge – "Gotta slow the traffic that's going to make them money" – and won. He then led them to a connection who sold them C-4 explosives for $450. Then, the night before the May Day Occupy protests, they allegedly put the plan into motion – and just as the would-be terrorists fiddled with the detonator they hoped would blow to smithereens a scenic bridge in Ohio’s Cuyahoga Valley National Park traversed by 13,610 vehicles every day, the FBI swooped in to arrest them.

Right in the nick of time, just like in the movies. The authorities couldn’t have more effectively made the Occupy movement look like a danger to the republic if they had scripted it. Maybe that's because, more or less, they did.

The guy who convinced the plotters to blow up a big bridge, led them to the arms merchant, and drove the team to the bomb site was an FBI informant. The merchant was an FBI agent. The bomb, of course, was a dud. And the arrest was part of a pattern of entrapment by federal law enforcement since September 11, 2001, not of terrorist suspects, but of young men federal agents have had to talk into embracing violence in the first place.

New York Times openly admits domestic terror plots masterminded by the FBI

Of five so-called anarchists who were arrested for ostensibly planning to destroy a bridge in Ohio in late April, three of them had documented mental health issues. One was even talked out of committing suicide in February, right before he was enticed to join in the plot by an FBI informant.

Now what were you saying about evidence Arbo? Looks to me like the real nut cases and conspiracy theorists out there are the ones calling everyone else nut cases and conspiracy theorists for questioning the "official" conspiracy theories. . :smilewinkgrin:

#8 poncho, Oct 19, 2012
  9. targus

targus New Member

Only three out of five had mental health issues?

IMO all of the terrorists are nuts.

10. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Heard a report on this one on NPR. They're actually saying this is the first one the FBI didn't "lead" the suspect into; that the young man looked for contacts, made all the decisions, etc.

11. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It was a case of "mutual admiration".

HankD

12. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Poncho- I actually was calling the author a nut. I can see now that I could have been more specific. My apology for the offense.

13. billwald

billwald New Member

It is government policy that Americans must always be afraid of something. Where's FDR when we really need him?

How many times have you read a "news" report about a guy going into a bar and by happenstance sits next to an off duty cop? The guy tells the cop he is looking for someone to kill his wife. The guy is eventually arrested.

How many unsolved murders are caused by a guy going into a bar and NOT sitting next to an off duty cop?