1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Unrealistic expectations

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by targus, Nov 15, 2008.

1. targus

targus New Member

I am afraid that the same problem that got us where we are today is going to continue to make things worse...

UNREALISTIC EXPECTATIONS !!!

The auto industry is failing because they promised too much to current retirees and the government demanded too much by way of regulations and standards.

The mortgage industry is melting because everyone wanted more house than they could afford.

Social Security is failing because retirees expect a working class lifestyle in their retirement.

There is a looming student loan default crisis because college students expect to pay for their education without working while in school.

The majority of voters apparently think that the government should give away buckets of money for college education subsidy, for utility bills, for health care subsidies - you name it.

Illegal aliens and apparently many Americans think that the government should provide anyone who shows up with an education, housing, medical care and welfare.

The problem is that no one seems to understand anymore that you can't spend more than you take in.

The Obama administration isn't even in place yet - but their answer to all of our problems seem to be spend more.

What's it going to take to turn things around?

2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Either a reformation or a revolution. Let's pray for the former.

3. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Or maybe another Ruler!

"......Even so, come, Lord Jesus." (Revelation 22:20b)

4. givengrace

givengrace New Member

I want to first say GREAT POST!! And I agree 100%

Second I'm not sure of how to turn things around other than as one suggested PRAYER!! And I say LOTS and LOTS of it.

I would like to also say Everyone should read a book called "Boundaries"
    By Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend. As I see most people today don't have any boundaries. And another thing is take a class called "Financial Peace University" by Dave Ramsey Both I can say would help (if put into practice) for our Country.