1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Unscientific poll about evolution

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by Alcott, Jan 26, 2005.

?
  1. There was/is no <i>human evolution</i>—case closed

61.1%
  2. The only “evolution” of humans was the action of God taking the earth to shape it into a man and tra

2.8%
  3. That mankind was created from the dust [earth] through the means of evolution of surviving species i

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Humans gradually evolved over millions of years from “ape men” [David Attenborough’s term]

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Within the last 10 million years, humans and modern apes have shared ancestors

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. The Biblical account of the creation of man is only allegorical

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. God did not authorize the first 11 chapters of Genesis—they are stories refined from Babylonian myth

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. The Bible is wrong—humans are simply one surviving species over billions of years of life and evolut

2.8%
  9. If the Bible is not <i>literal</i> on the creation story, anything else therein written is subject t

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. I believe God gave the Israelites a story to satisfy their questions of who they are and why they sh

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. If God meant for Genesis 1-11 to be perceived non-literally, He would have made that clear through t

16.7%
  12. Since Adam means <i>Man,</i> this does allow for the Adam of Genesis to be a <i>personification</i>

2.8%
  13. The Adam of Genesis was indeed the first man, but God used evolution and His boundlessness of time t

2.8%
  14. I just don’t know—I want to believe the Bible is literal, but I can’t ignore scientific research tha

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Both what the Bible says and what scientists say are <i>hearsay</i> to me—I would rather ignore the

11.1%
  16. I don’t agree with any of these statements

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know polls about evolution have been on this site before, but this one is more comprehensive than 'yes,' 'no,' or 'maybe.'

2. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is the reason so few people have wanted to vote in this poll?

It's an overly-discussed topic?
    Everyone is extremely obstinate and no one bends an inch?
    You're afraid to listen to those with an opposing POV?
    The topic is regarded-- faithfully or fallaciously-- as a 'test' of belief in the Bible?
    There is no 'conflict' between the 2 main POV's, so you hate getting involved in such heated disagreements?
    It is one of my polls with wordy answers (which is because of the stringent limit on how long the questions can be)?

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're right the polls did have wordy anwers

Salty

4. EaglewingIS4031

EaglewingIS4031 New Member

Because it is to long. People want something short and easy to vote in so they can do it a work before the boss catches them.

5. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I agree. I kind of like the yes/no ones. Even a yes, but . . ./ and a no, but . . . would be helpful.

6. Petrel

Petrel New Member

Thank goodness you could choose more than one option!

Question #2 had insufficient options for theistic evolutionists.

7. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

If evolution is true then one of these days... [​IMG]

Darwin wasn't even close to being the first to propose evolution.

Isa 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
    Isa 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.