1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Unusual Witnessing Experiences

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by John of Japan, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

Oh, how I WISH I could be joining you on your walk through Japan! Well, BB will have to do, I guess! Do you have any children? If so, I hope you are saving these stories, so that you can pass them on to them one day! What a wonderful gift that would be!

love,

Sopranette

2. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm glad you are enjoying my little stories. We have one son, Paul, who came with us to Japan in 1981 as a baby and grew up here, so he knows most of my stories, and gets bored with some of them. He's in seminary in PA now--wants to teach in a Christian college. But I'm saving the stories anyway. Maybe a book will happen someday. :type:

3. faithgirl46

faithgirl46 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Wow John. I believe that God let you meet this man for a reason. I agree that your question would not have upset him and he would have thanked God that another person cared enough about him to ask him if he knew Christ.
    Faithgirl

#63 faithgirl46, Sep 29, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2007
  4. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen, Faithgirl. :thumbs:

5. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Witnessing to an atheist is always a challenge, and I think it is unusual when God helps you to get one to think things through! Atheists are not usually good thinkers when it comes to matters of faith.

I was going door to door in Murfreesboro, TN, years ago when I knocked on the door of an atheist student at Middle Tennessee State. After hearing what I was there for he let me know proudly that he had to go to his college chess club so he couldn't dally around with the likes of me. (I didn't bother to tell him I enjoyed chess, too, since he seemed so proud of it!) But before he left he thought he would stump me, so he said, "Prove to me the existence of God with just one word." Then he smirked as he waited for my answer.

I prayed a quick prayer for help, and God immediately gave me the answer. I quietly said, "Infinity," and his expression immediately changed from arrogance to thoughtfulness. He said, "Well, I guess I can see how you could look up at the sky, see infinity and think there was a God. Of course, I explain that differently, but...." And he left for his chess club a more thoughtful man. :type:

6. faithgirl46

Site Supporter

Several years ago I sent a Bible to a girl whose dad w as a preacher inadditon to the CHristmas gift I had sent to her. I told herto let her her dad give the Bible out to somebody who needed a Bible. I do not know who received the Bible but the Lord does.

7. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Keep up the good work, faithgirl46! :jesus:

8. Danger Dog

Danger Dog New Member

Amen! His Word will not return void! Thank you for planting those seeds, gardener!

9. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome to the Baptist Board, Danger Dog. "There is joy in serving Jesus"--especially in the harvest field.:jesus:

10. Danger Dog

Danger Dog New Member

:D Thanks.

11. faithgirl46

Site Supporter

My former mainicurist's brother is a preacher. She let me have several New Testaments which I would mail to various places and highlight verses I liked. I will never know who received the Bibles or how God used the Bibles to change people's lives.
    Faithgirl

12. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good job, Faithgirl. Much of our time may be spent in just seed planting.

Ecclesiastes 11
    1 Cast thy bread upon the waters: for thou shalt find it after many days.
    2 Give a portion to seven, and also to eight; for thou knowest not what evil shall be upon the earth.
    3 If the clouds be full of rain, they empty themselves upon the earth: and if the tree fall toward the south, or toward the north, in the place where the tree falleth, there it shall be.
    4 He that observeth the wind shall not sow; and he that regardeth the clouds shall not reap.
    5 As thou knowest not what is the way of the spirit, nor how the bones do grow in the womb of her that is with child: even so thou knowest not the works of God who maketh all.
    6 In the morning sow thy seed, and in the evening withhold not thine hand: for thou knowest not whether shall prosper, either this or that, or whether they both shall be alike good.
    (KJV)