1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Update on Anna, test done today

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Gina B, Apr 28, 2003.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I'm just gonna copy this from another forum cuz I don't feel like retyping it, you might not "get it" but it explains what happened today with the upper GI she had done. Please start or continue in prayer for her if you want, don't bother to say you will if you won't, it's kinda noticeable when someone says how much they're praying and when you update them they have no clue what you're talking about.
    ---------------------------------------
    Thanks for the e-mail missy and I'm looking out for them squirrels. [​IMG]
    The test went great. She's such a sweet little thing, she did everything they said without complaint.
    To explain a bit about the test, they had her not drink or eat for a little and then for the test she drinks this white stuff and they are filming and watching what it does inside her. It's kinda neat, you watch the stuff going down her throat, into her stomach.
    I got a little leary when the doctor seemed to be concentrating on one area. I started watching that spot and even though I'm not an expert it just didn't look exactly like something that should be happening.
    Then he went and got another doctor to "come look at this" and I knew it wasn't right.
    They have to do more tests, but for right now they know there's a blood vessel pressing on a certain area in her throat when she swallows.
    How this relates to everything I have no clue, and what they do to fix it I have no clue. I'll find out later from the pediatrician and let you know.
    I asked how common it was and he said "well it happens, not a lot or commonly but it happens". Didn't make me feel much better and I didn't ask more questions because I want to hear it all at once from the pediatrician.
    On the way out with the radiologist I held out one of Tim Lee's tracts with the name and date he'd be here on it and asked if I could give it to her. She said yes and took it and started walking away opening it and reading. She stopped at the nurses station in front of everyone and turned around and said with a smile "I AM a Christian". After a not so good morning it was a joy to see someone standing in front of co-workers without being embarassed and making that statement!
    So in the end, it's kinda bittersweet. Nobody wants to hear their child has something wrong, but after 6 years of screamin' it to every doctor and not getting taken seriously or worse getting taken seriously and then not getting answers it's good to see that finally it's starting to get figured out and we can move on to the solution.
    *bigh sigh of relief and just because I feel like it*

2. ForYourGlory

ForYourGlory Member

Somehow I missed this yesterday. I am continuing to pray for little Anna. And prayers are being lifted up for you too. I pray that God will give you the direction and the answers you need. And that He will give you comfort, patience, and strength while you are still waiting and wondering.

Take care and God bless you both!

FYG

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

ty FYG, sorry I sounded so crabby in the beginning of that post people, I just re-read. Yikes! I'm a little stressed and trying not to post much because I know I get mean when I'm like this. [​IMG]
    Gina

4. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Gina; I am so glad the test went well and I am praying for wisdom for the doctors who will be diagnosing and treating Anna.

I know how it is to have something wrong with your child and not be able to find a doctor who will listen; or if he does listen; say there is nothing wrong!

Blessings,
    Sue

5. Sherrie

Sherrie New Member

Gina I am so happy that results are finally taking place. I will pray for Anna and for you.

Sherrie

6. Wisdom Seeker

Wisdom Seeker New Member

Gina, I just prayed for Anna. I' m clueless as to what is wrong with her. I've tried to ask you before, but I got the impression that you were tired of explaining. So I didn't press.

It doesn't matter that I know what's wrong with her, I know she's sick enough to make you ask for prayer and that she's sick enough for you to take her to get an upper G.I. Besides God knows, and that's more important that me having a clue. ;) And I'm a Mom, so I do genuinely relate to this being tough , and I care.

Laurenda

P.S. I handle stress by getting grouchy too. Wish I was one of those nice ladies who got sweet with stress. No such luck. :( I find when people really know me, instead of reacting to my grouchiness, they very often ask me if I'm okay. Too bad my husband can't ever do that. Nope, with him, it's either act the way he wants or he gets really angry with me...not very helpful, usually results in my tears. Don't worry about it Gina. If anyone understands dealing with stress that way...it's me. ;)

7. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Thanks Laurenda. I pm'd you the short version. ;)
    You amaze me sometimes. Don't ask, just accept that as a good thing. [​IMG]

8. stubbornkelly

stubbornkelly New Member

Wow - she's so young to have to be dealing with this! It's true about it being bittersweet - but at last someone is sitting up and taking action to figure out what's wrong with Anna, and hopefully a solution will be forthcoming!