1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Urine Test

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by kyredneck, Aug 19, 2009.

1. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [email I got today]

This was written by a construction worker in Fort McMurray .. Read on . .. .

I WORK, they pay me. I pay my taxes, and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to earn that pay check, I work on a rig site for a Fort McMurray construction project. At any time I am required to pass a random urine test, with which I have no problem.

HOWEVER, what I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them?

UNDERSTAND - I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do on the other hand have a problem with helping someone sit on their behinds, drink, smoke dope and talk on a cell phone all day.... along with a number of other things too. Could you imagine how much money this country would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?

If you agree, please pass this along, or simply delete if you don't. Hope you will pass it along though, because something has to change in this country.