1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

US city planning ban on low-slung baggy pants

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by moondg, Aug 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donnA

donnA Active Member

While I absolutely hate those baggy pants and seeing underwear. Do we really want the government to make laws regarding our clothing? Whats next, offensive christian tee shirts.

2. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't care who you are, that's funny!

3. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

If these tee shirts show our butts in public then yes.

4. moondg

moondg Member
    Site Supporter

We don't Want to offend anyone.

5. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

Do local plumbers have to be worried? :laugh:

6. donnA

donnA Active Member

uniforms in school are not the government deciding what we can and can not wear.

7. donnA

donnA Active Member

It has nothing to do with whats showing, but the goverment deciding our wardrobe for us.

8. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

The purpose in the ban is to stop indecent dress that exposes the backsides of those folks who where such baggy pants. The government already tells us what we can wear in this regard. Exposing body parts and undergarments is already considered indecent in many areas.

9. moondg

moondg Member
    Site Supporter

Yea schools are not government funded. The government did not take God out of schools. You are correct the government has nothing to do with schools. Elected officials do not run them!

10. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

It has not been that long since a young man of my acquantance decided to try the whole sagging britches deal. Then he came to stand within my reach. Ya'll know he knew better, right?

I didn't even have to pull. He took one look at me when I merely stated to his mother, how sorely tempted I was all of a sudden at that moment and he pulled them up himself and tightened his belt.

:D I have a reputation. :D I do my best to keep up with it. :laugh:

Now what he does at home, I have no idea, but whenever I see him, those pants are up!

I'm a mean woman! :D

11. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

"Honest officer! My pants are baggy because I lost a lot of weight lately."

12. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

School dress codes are local matters of school board governance. They are not the government telling us what we can wear.

BTW, the government already tells you what you can wear. I cannot go out dressed up in a policeman's uniform. People think that "freedom" means the government can't make any laws about anything. They are clearly misguided.

To ban low saggy pants seems unnecessary. You would thiinkn common sense would help someone know that they look stupid. But commo sense isn't so common is it..

13. Cutter

Cutter New Member

This is a genuine news story. On the radio news last night the announcer said, according to the council, even if an ordinance is passed it would be highly unlikely anyone would actually serve jail time for violating the ordinance.

14. moondg

moondg Member
    Site Supporter

15. donnA

donnA Active Member

In all the people I've seen dressed like this I have yet to see anyone's backside bared.

16. moondg

moondg Member
    Site Supporter

I have not either if you classify a thong as covered.:smilewinkgrin:

17. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

Here, the board is elected; the superintendent is chosen by the board. When

To some degree, yes; and to some degree no. But the point is that the Congress isn't telling a kid what he has to wear to school.

Maybe you should have gotten an education. Then you would know that I am right, not wright.

18. moondg

moondg Member
    Site Supporter

I am not a English teacher I do not care if I misspell a word you new what I was talking about. I have been involved in the school system for more than 20 years. You may tell me something about the Bible. You can not tell me anything about the school system YOU ARE WRONG. Some form of government controls the schools.

19. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

Of course not.

I don't think I said you did. I could look back and check, but it sounds like you are bent out of shape over something that never happened.

I "knew" what you were talking about and you should care if you misspell a word because it is a reflection of your personal standards of excellence.

I am wrong? About what? I agree that some form of government controls the schools. As I pointed out (to quote myself): School dress codes are local matters of school board governance. They are not the government telling us what we can wear.

It was clear that I was making a difference between local school governence and other kinds, in this particular case the federal government. If you are involved in the schools that's great; use your experience to learn to read and understand what is being said.

20. moondg

moondg Member
    Site Supporter

Need I say more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.