1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

USA is dead

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Judith, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hopefully you get snowed on at Bidens Communist take over of the USA Ceremony, Comrade.
    He has the military there guarding him, just like in Mother Russia.

2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "Quantrill,

I did not post that did I? If you are not going to read a response properly, there is no reason to answer you is there?

ok...let me put it this way. It is clear America has lost its way. Does that make you feel better. I offered an outline of factors that contribute to the decay. You come up with what you want to,you are free to do that.

3. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Quote, deacon at the Lexington Church, "The Church languishes under prosperity but flourishes under persecution".

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see people arguing back and forth in this thread about the USA and it's current condition, and caring so much about it...
    When my question is, have we forgotten?

" These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of [them], and embraced [them], and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
    14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.
    15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that [country] from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
    16 But now they desire a better [country], that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city."
    ( Hebrews 11:13-16 ).

It's not our country, for those of us who are Christ's.
    We seek a better one to come, my friends.:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Quantrill

Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That we believers are strangers and pilgrims on earth doesn't mean their are not times when we must fight to maintain our Christian heritage, and the safety of our people. The same faith chapter of Hebrews says also, (Heb. 11:34) "Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens."

Abraham was one of those pilgrims. Yet he went to war to save Lot. (Gen. 14:1-16)

The U.S. is not a Christian country now, though it is still affected by Christianity and Christians. But it used to be Christian. A gift of God to the world. A refuge for Christians and Jews.

God provided the political climate for the thriving of Christians in America. That was done through the conquering of the heathen Indians. Just like Israel conquered Canaan. Yes, Christians had to fight and kill and die in that effort. Thus a tremendous time of growth for the Church was given. Missions and churches established, not just here but throughout the world. Why? Because the political climate afforded them/us to do so.

But satan is not idle. He has been busy in working to destroy the foundations of this nation. The political climate now is his. It is against Christians and Christianity. The politics of a nation is front and center the object of the spiritual war. Why do you think God will judge the sheep and goat nations? (Matt. 25:31-32)

We are pilgrims and strangers on earth, but it is our responsibility to develop and maintain a Christian nation. We can have a Christian nation and still be pilgrims on earth.

Quantrill

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Listen, my father died at 39 of a heart attack reaching for the moon. He was a factory worker with a mortgage, a wife and kids (one being cerebral palsy), working shift work and putting himself through school to be a master electrician. He got his degree and died 4 months later. His grandfather fled the communist block and landed in Scranton to work as a laborer in a coal mine... he then started fixing their pumps, then became the head maintenance guy, then started his own business with his brother. In the depression he bought 300 acres of land and farmed it with his grandsons. He plowed those acres with 2 teams of horses—- one team in the morning and one in the afternoon & and took care of his animals before he took care of himself. I’m proud cause I’m named after those two men.

you want to call me a commie, like I said, thems fighting words. I’m not political... I’m a guy who works to make it cause you can make it here and I gave myself a heart attack at 48 working 24/7 for people who looked to replace me like a crippled horse. But F them, I’m not being put down. The people who get on in this world are those who get up and look for the circumstances they want; and, if they can’t find them, they make them. I have my own business now and fully intend to work till I drop dead.

as I told my son, you can’t be influenced by any politician or political system because they are all corrupt. Rely on your brains, your worth ethic, your cleverness and risk taking. It’s all about, Organization, Wit and an Eye for opportunity. So you’re are looking for a communist in the wrong place pal... this family don’t , oh what do they say in the south, cotton to them.

BTW my daughter in law is part Cherokee so my grand babies are that. I’m not a racist and I intend on dedicating time to raising them as Baptists, teaching them to ride horses, raise chickens, dogs and goats... My church is dedicated to Christ, is independent and totally biblical. Oh they will have plenty of guns to learn about and use to get rid of commies.

#46 Earth Wind and Fire, Jan 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  7. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet you are celebrating the Democrat victory and their stated goals that will make this country Communist. You think your dad would have voted for a condidate who ran on the political platform Joe ran on? Sounds like he was a man that would be ashamed of you for supporting such bottom dwelling Communists, Comrade.

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your getting real close to a punch in the face but you are going for it right. You don’t know a thing about my old man but you don’t know much about anything apparently right Chief. So that makes you stinking troll. So listen troll, take a walk..... learn to lose.

9. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You simply having trouble reconciling your rhetoric and your actions. Don't get all violent like your ANTIFA and BLM comrades. I am going to lose sleep worrying about a punch in the face from a self described "crippled plow horse." If ole pops was like you say, he would not have supported a Commie like you just did.

As the ole song says "I ain't as good as I once was, I got a few years on me now, but there was a time, back in my prime, when I could really lay it down.". Unlike the next line in the song my next verse goes "but thanks to steroids I am dang close."

#49 Reynolds, Jan 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  10. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not agree.
    Fearmongering.
    Our country is in trouble. Romans 13:1. Psalms 24:1.

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    no I did not. Rather I celebrate the eradication of Captain Chaos who fomented a riot at the Capitol building for starters. But of course in your Qanon mentality that is unthinkable right.

And Q, you know nothing about my father, so I will thank you to not bring him up in further conversation. I will tell you that he measured a man by work ethic, he was a master Sargent in the army and wanted it done right... he had a saying... I will tell you once, then twice, but not a third time and God forbid you pushed it a third time. I never pushed that 3rd time and I will thank you not to push my patience any further.

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Steroids huh.... is that how you got the name Tiny Tim:Laugh

13. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow, You are believing a lie, and you do not even know it. But then you are not alone.

14. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would he have voted for the platform Biden ran on?

15. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope Comrade. Testosterone and HGH are wonderful. Mother Russia pioneered their use so they should be right up your Commie loving alley. Try them and you might quit being a broke down plow horse. Nice to be able to hang with the folks 25 years younger.

16. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Read me... I didn’t vote for Biden

17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I’ve worked 30 years in construction and I’ve got side jobs digging wells, puttin in lift pumps and water meters. I don’t need Steroids. My great grandfather was plowing the fields sun up to sun down at 82. I’m not worried about keeping up

18. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All you do is defend Biden. You even have an Avatar celebrating him.

19. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are the one said you were a broke down plow horse, Comrade.

20. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    E.W.F. I really don't like getting into exchanges like this. It's beneath me. I did it to prove your hypocrisy. You don't like Trump because he is crude and boisterous. In this very discussion, you have threatened physical violence, talked about the size of my reproductive organs, and told me to "go F" myself. You are a first rate, hypocrite. It just takes needling you a bit for you to display the fact in the open.

• Like Like x 1