1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

USMC IN EUCOM

Discussion in 'Vets and Friends' started by Salty, May 15, 2023.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was not aware of this:

As of January 2017, a rotational force of about 330 (infantry) U.S. Marines from Camp Lejeune, NC, are stationed in Trondheim, Norway on two six-month deployments. [8] Official MARFOREUR writings say that the Marine Rotational Force, Europe (MRF-E) comprises "an infantry company reinforced by enablers and a Marine Coordination Element. [Their] presence in Norway facilitates military exercises that support NATO and USEUCOM operational plans; increases interoperability with Allies and Partners; advances efforts for more naval integration; and enables recuperation of the Marine Corps' cold weather and mountain proficiencies."

From Wiki

and currently:

2. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You may not be aware that Norway and Russia share a common border in the far North.
    I know that during the (first?) Cold War, there were British Commandos on that border. Whether they are still there, whether they were withdrawn and not replaced, I do not know.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I found this story: