1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VBS 2006 Theme / Artic Edge

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by dianetavegia, Jul 25, 2005.

1. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Arctic Edge: Where Adventure Meets Courage!
    Trek north to LifeWay's VBS 2006, Arctic Edge, where daily excursions from Big Bear Lodge will have kids hiking across the tundra, exploring the seascape by kayak, and skimming the backcountry in a float plane. Based on Joshua 1:9, Arctic Edge helps kids find the courage required to follow Jesus in the every day challenges of their lives as they learn that God is always with them. More information, including the Arctic Edge Web site, will be available on August 1, 2005.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some decorations used for the Ramblin' Road trip could be saved and used next year! Save your trees, cabin or lodge decorations from your Yellowstone destination including faux campfire. You also might want to save background scenery that includes a moose. And, of course, greenery and the poles used to mount destination signs could possibly have use in 2006. If hiking was an emphasis for your Yellowstone destination this year, you may want to keep your compass, binoculars, and hiking apparel.

Joshua 1:9 Haven't I commanded you: be strong and courageous? Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."

http://www.lifeway.com/yourvbs/news_readmore.aspx?art_id=259

2. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Arctic Edge, huh? LOL. Right in the dead of summer.

3. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

So I'm already trying to figure out where I can get enough blocks of styrofoam to build an igloo! Of course, a dome tent could be covered with white snowey looking material too and would be easier to handle! You can be sure I'll be watching for old and fake Christmas trees from www.freecycle.org and picking up snowflakes at those after Christmas sales.

I think it's NEAT to know so far in advance so we can buy things right after Christmas at 75% off!

[​IMG]

4. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I think Lifeway is getting back to some solid themes for VBS. A couple years ago I felt they were really reaching.

I also think they could go back and repeat some of the good themes...Good News Stampede, Ocean Odessey, etc. After a few years you are going to have a turn over in kids, plus they can always add things and make it different.

5. patrick

patrick New Member

Lifeway is planning on releasing some of its old stuffon a regular basis.

6. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

For the igloo:
    Think of using shoeboxes covered in white paper. Styrofoam is such a pain.