1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Verses on unbelief and unbelievers

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Born_in_Crewe, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Born_in_Crewe

Born_in_Crewe Member

Using the pointers in my Gideons NT I decided to make a few notes of verses relating to unbelief and non-believers, and thought now I've done a few might as well share them with you. In some cases, it may be worth showing these verses to non-Christians especially people who don't believe in God, might give them a surprise and plant a seed in their hearts and heads. (They are not all in biblical order).

Matthew 7:13-14

'Wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow is the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.'

(Shows that Jesus himself expected relatively few people to get to Heaven, which explains the large numbers of people who do not believe in him.)

Luke 16:31

'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises
    from the dead.'

(Basically argues that some people can never be convinced and therefore it is no surprise that they were not convinced by the resurrection.)

John 3:19-20

'This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed.'

(Says that if someone is running from God, it may be because they know their deeds are evil.)

2 Timothy 3:1-5

'But mark this: there will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, ungodly, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God - having a form of godliness but denying its power.'

(A lot of these are visible in modern society today and have been increasing through the centuries. Possibly a sign of the end times approaching.)

2 Corinthians 2: 15-16

'For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. To the one we are the smell of death; to the other, the fragrance of life.'

(I'm sure we can sometimes see this in the different ways people react to us and other believers.)