1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Version Poll - New & Improved, Revised and Updated

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by EaglewingIS4031, Dec 13, 2004.

?
  1. ESV

62.2%
  2. HCSB

37.8%
  3. No Opinion

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. EaglewingIS4031

EaglewingIS4031 New Member

Same idea as the last but with "No opinion/ Undecided" options and more questions.

2. Glory Bound

Glory Bound New Member

I wasn't aware the the "God's Word" translation was a children's bible - this is the first I've heard of that. Where did this come from?

3. EaglewingIS4031

I tried to list Bibles in the Kid's question that are advertised as a 6th grade reading level or less.(Except the KJV)

At the link below the GW translation is advertised as a 4th-5th grade reading level.

GW translation reading level comparisons.

I forgot to include the ICB in that question.

EW<><

4. Dogsbody

Dogsbody New Member

Great! Now we’re profiling! :rolleyes:

“Pull over! Let me see your driver’s license, registration, and Bible version!” :mad:

What I do? :eek:

5. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Interesting poll.

"all are corrupt ans straight from the pit of hell"

Kinda shows a bit of bias here I would say.
    Why not word it like this;

All are corrupted. (PERIOD) That bit about "straight from the pit of hell" is inflamatory rhetoric. therefore, I submit your "poll" shows nothing but bias intended to inflame.

And AS I SEE IT, that is precisely what the majority on this forum are all about.
    As I posted many weeks ago, this forum is not about translational issues; it should more accurately be titled; "reasons to reject the KJV Bible". And then the only answers I got to that thread (that I remember) were, "Oh but we LOVE the KJV but we hate KJVO". Which IMO is a politically correct way of saying nothing at all.

Sorry my friend, this poll is no poll. Just one more feable attempt at "profiling" we who hold to one version as "uneducated hillbillies frothing at the mouth".

In His service;
    Jim

6. Dogsbody

Dogsbody New Member

This phrase also bothers me no matter who uses it. It's not biblical, really, is it? It's a place of torment. Nothing comes out of Hell, but...some-tings gona end up there. :eek:

7. EaglewingIS4031

I was just a joke! I used to have a pastor who would comonly say things like "The Book of Mormon is straight from the pit of hell." or "The NWT is straight from the pit of hell." or "the gay agenda is straight from the pit of hell."
    I did not include that answer on any thing but the Apocrypha question and gender question. Because those are the most controversial. I was not trying to show bias.

Maybe it's not biblical, but aren't Satan and his demon legions banished to hell, but they still come out and tempt and torment people.

I'm Sorry! It wasn't meant to be literal or show bias. And I certainly did not want to offend anyone.

Lighten up!

8. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are so wrong I am sorry you're my neighbor!

It IS about translational issues. Many good threads, however, are hijacked into the typical good/bad/ugly about onlyism.

And most of us here DO love the KJV and hate the doctrine of the KJVOnly sect. That group is holding a divisive, unbiblical doctrine that is "heresy" (by definition of the word).

If you hold that ONLY the KJV is God's Word for English people today, and all OTHER English translations are false, then you are no FRIEND OF THE KJV. You are an enemy, destroying by false doctrine the KJV in the eyes of all.

And KJVonly should be ashamed. Even Gomer Pyle would agree. "Shame, shame, shame."

9. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Eaglewing, thanks for re-doing your poll! And I knew the "straight from the pit of hell" was a joke. [​IMG]

But I was disappointed you didn't include the NET Bible in the poll. I am not the only one on the BB who uses that translation and likes it. [​IMG]

10. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Great notes. [​IMG]

11. EaglewingIS4031

I intended to included it but forgot. I used it alot online around '99 and 2K. But not much in the last 4 years. Because it is easier to open a bound version than to go online.
    I have a good friend who loves the NET. We both go to diferent churches now. But he is the one first told me about it. He ordered several copies of the leather bound version about 4 years ago. It does have great notes.
    Sorry! It slipped my mind. :( [​IMG]

BTY
    posted by Dogsbody:

12. Dogsbody

Dogsbody New Member

My understanding is that Satan and his demons were not sent to hell yet. From the story as given by Jesus Christ of the rich man in hell (a great gulf fixed) no one’s getting out and no one from Heaven is getting in. In John 12:31 and 14:30, Satan is called “the prince of this world” and in Eph.2:2 “the prince of the power of the air”. In Rev. 20:10 he is finally cast into the Lake of Fire “forever and ever”.
    Sorry, I didn’t think about the phrase “out of the pits of Hell” as being a joke one-way or the other. I just don’t care for it as it is not scriptural no matter who uses it(even a preacher I like). It’s hard to tell if one is having his leg pulled :( on the web, reason for smiley faces , but still hard. :confused: I’m not facing off with you over it , just commenting. [​IMG] Didn’t mean to offend, but that’s the way of this sorry web. [​IMG] Hard to tell if a fellow is inquisitive or just a smart allek. :confused: [​IMG] Too bad people get :mad:

Oh! That makes more sense! [​IMG]

13. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Dr. Bob; "If you hold that ONLY the KJV is God's Word for English people today, and all OTHER English translations are false, then you are no FRIEND OF THE KJV. You are an enemy, destroying by false doctrine the KJV in the eyes of all."
    -------------------------------------------------
    That's your opinion, and you are welcome to it. So if I am your enemy, then which of us is right? You or me? I say, me, you say you, and "round and round the mulberry bush" we go!
    :rolleyes: [​IMG]
    Gotta admit, Bob, you ARE something else!

BTW; I would prefer to seek to be the friend of the Lord of the KJV. [​IMG]

And the there is no way on earth you can justify the wild charge that we destroy the KJV in the eyes of ALL since we are part of the "all". That statement is just plain silly.

In His service;
    Jim

14. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Yes, he is. I wish I was just half as smart as that man is.

If you are KJV preferred, I don't know of anybody on this board who has any problem with that. I certainly don't. But, if you were to say that my ESV is NOT the Word of God, then WE would be having "words". [​IMG]

15. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Dear AV161Jim,
    I think you owe all KJV preferred types here on the board an apology.
    The basic understanding of a KJVP referred is that they prefer the KJV but admit that there are other valid versions of God's Word.
    Your my way or the hiway approach does'nt show any type of thinking process went into your entry.I will pray for you my brother.

16. Dogsbody

Dogsbody New Member

Lucky man, Jim, to have “Bill” prayin’ you’d get right!
    Me, I got…
    Calvinist praying I’d be Calvinist,
    Arminians praying I’d be Arminian,
    Legalist praying I wouldn’t be liberal,
    Liberalist praying I wouldn’t be a legalist…
    Anybody and everybody prayin, I’d see it their way and not be so backslidden.
    Oh, to have these dear superior saints pray for us to get right.
    “Not thy will, oh Lord, but mine.” :rolleyes:

17. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Dear Dogsbody,
    I am grateful to you for pointing out to me how mwan spirited it is to pray for someone.There is nothing superior about praying for somebody.I guess I'm so mean I will just have to pray for you too.

18. Dogsbody

Dogsbody New Member

POB,
    It ain't the prayin', it's the additude!
    If you'd just pray that the Lord's will be done in my life, I'd covet your prayers. If you just want someone to see it your way, get in line.
    Dog gone.

19. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I use the UBS 4 rev. ed., NA 27, MT, sometimes the TR and the textual variants too. I wonder where that puts me in regards to the KJVO folks?

20. GeneMBridges

GeneMBridges New Member

I use the UBS 4 rev. ed., NA 27, MT, sometimes the TR and the textual variants too. I wonder where that puts me in regards to the KJVO folks? </font>[/QUOTE][​IMG] [​IMG]