1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Version Poll - New & Improved, Revised and Updated

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by EaglewingIS4031, Dec 13, 2004.

?
  1. ESV

62.2%
  2. HCSB

37.8%
  3. No Opinion

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Dogsbody said, "Lucky man, Jim, to have “Bill” prayin’ you’d get right!
    Me, I got…
    Calvinist praying I’d be Calvinist,
    Arminians praying I’d be Arminian,
    Legalist praying I wouldn’t be liberal,
    Liberalist praying I wouldn’t be a legalist…
    Anybody and everybody prayin, I’d see it their way and not be so backslidden.
    Oh, to have these dear superior saints pray for us to get right.
    “Not thy will, oh Lord, but mine.” "
    Dogs body again says,
    "POB,
    It ain't the prayin', it's the additude!
    If you'd just pray that the Lord's will be done in my life, I'd covet your prayers. If you just want someone to see it your way, get in line.
    Dog gone. "
    --------------------------------------------
    AMEN BROTHER. If you do not agree with the party line then you are a ________ and a _________ and a dirty rotten no good______ uneducated__________heretical___________.

Somehow it is ok to question the spirituality of a KJVo but NOT ok to question the "Party".

Golly Sergeant Carter! :rolleyes: [​IMG] My soul, one can't even have fun anymore, unless it is "their" kind.

Snip, tuck, edit, erase, delete, ban, scold, mock and anything else to justify "proving" superiority.
    Gentlemen; it's been fun, it's been real, but it AIN'T been real fun.

In HIS service;
    Jim

2. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

This phrase also bothers me no matter who uses it. It's not biblical, really, is it? It's a place of torment. Nothing comes out of Hell, but...some-tings gona end up there. :eek: </font>[/QUOTE]well sure things come out of the pit of hell, DB.

Rev 9:2-11
    (2) And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.
    (3) And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.
    (4) And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.
    (5) And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.
    (6) And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.
    (7) And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men.
    (8) And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions.
    (9) And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle.
    (10) And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.
    (11) And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

Other things come out of hell too...

Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

3. Dogsbody

Dogsbody New Member

Dear James,
    I'm not convinced that this "pit" is Hell, but if it is, nothing is coming out till this prophecy comes to past. No guitars coming "out of the pits of Hell". They're made in factories. [​IMG]

4. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

I use the UBS 4 rev. ed., NA 27, MT, sometimes the TR and the textual variants too. I wonder where that puts me in regards to the KJVO folks? </font>[/QUOTE]Probably the exact same place it puts me in regards of the KJVo folks.

5. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Like I said (with other words) Jim. The BB is one HOT kitchen!!

HankD

6. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] :eek:
    Do I smell roasted meat?
    In His service;
    Jim