1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

versions of the bible

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Heavenbound01, Jul 28, 2004.

1. natters

natters New Member

Michelle said "if you read it with a LOVE for Gods words of truth, FAITH in His promises and LOVE for the truth above all else, without the "LABEL" (as you again have done to your peril of lack in understanding), you will have understanding."

I read the Bible with LOVE for Gods words of truth, FAITH in His promises and LOVE for the truth above all else, and I even threw in praying for wisdom. God led me to the truth that KJVonlyism is wrong.

2. michelle

michelle New Member

--------------------------------------------------
    Using the phrase "to me" rather than depending on proven empirical evidence, is evidence of post-modern thinking.

And this statement is clearly goobily gock (meaningless) and denying my FAITH, SALVATION, and walk with the Lord, as well as many others. I would not be saved, nor ANYONE ELSE in the English world WITHOUT the EVIDENCE. This is sadly what many do not understand, and DENY.

And the above quoted statement is clear evidence of those falling for Gen.3:1, and using the vanity of pride and one's own mind with the wisdom of the world, rather than with the wisdom given from God. And how then can one receive the wisdom from God, if they deny the very existence of the words of God, to which one recieves wisdom from, through the Holy Spirit of truth? You are denying that God has given to me, and countless other christians of today and the past of this, to suit your own pride and ego.

John 3

1. There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
    2. The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
    3. Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
    4. Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
    5. Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
    6. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
    7. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
    8. The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
    9. Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?
    10. Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?
    11. Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.
    12. If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?
    13. And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
    14. And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
    15. That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
    16. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    17. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
    18. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
    19. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
    20. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
    21. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

John 16

1. These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended.
    2. They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.
    3. And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.
    4. But these things have I told you, that when the time shall come, ye may remember that I told you of them. And these things I said not unto you at the beginning, because I was with you.
    5. But now I go my way to him that sent me; and none of you asketh me, Whither goest thou?
    6. But because I have said these things unto you, sorrow hath filled your heart.
    7. Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
    8. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
    9. Of sin, because they believe not on me;
    10. Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
    11. Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
    12. I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
    13. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
    14. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
    15. All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
    16. A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father.
    17. Then said some of his disciples among themselves, What is this that he saith unto us, A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me: and, Because I go to the Father?
    18. They said therefore, What is this that he saith, A little while? we cannot tell what he saith.
    19. Now Jesus knew that they were desirous to ask him, and said unto them, Do ye inquire among yourselves of that I said, A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me?
    20. Verily, verily, I say unto you, That ye shall weep and lament, but the world shall rejoice: and ye shall be sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.
    21. A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come: but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world.
    22. And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you.
    23. And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.
    24. Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.
    25. These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.
    26. At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:
    27. For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.
    28. I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.
    29. His disciples said unto him, Lo, now speakest thou plainly, and speakest no proverb.
    30. Now are we sure that thou knowest all things, and needest not that any man should ask thee: by this we believe that thou camest forth from God.
    31. Jesus answered them, Do ye now believe?
    32. Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me.
    33. These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
    michelle

michelle

3. michelle

michelle New Member

I read the Bible with LOVE for Gods words of truth, FAITH in His promises and LOVE for the truth above all else, and I even threw in praying for wisdom. God led me to the truth that KJVonlyism is wrong.

Again, you reveal lack of understanding as it is clear/evident, based upon your "biased label" toward and regarding this important issue.

love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
    michelle

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Michelle,

Again, you reveal lack of understanding as it is clear/evident, based upon your "biased label" toward and regarding this important issue.

5. natters

natters New Member

Michelle, label or not, that's where God led me. God reminded me that his word was also preserved before the KJV was made, and that even if the KJV didn't exist, God's word would still be preserved. I'm sorry that you have a problem with God working in other people's lives.

6. michelle

michelle New Member

Michelle, label or not, that's where God led me. God reminded me that his word was also preserved before the KJV was made, and that even if the KJV didn't exist, God's word would still be preserved. I'm sorry that you have a problem with God working in other people's lives.

Then please tell me where God has said that "adding" and "subtracting" from his words is allowed? We have scriptural proof/truth/commands to the contrary:

Deuteronomy 4

1. Now therefore hearken, O Israel, unto the statutes and unto the judgments, which I teach you, for to do them, that ye may live, and go in and possess the land which the Lord God of your fathers giveth you.
    2. Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.
    3. Your eyes have seen what the Lord did because of Baalpeor: for all the men that followed Baalpeor, the Lord thy God hath destroyed them from among you.
    4. But ye that did cleave unto the Lord your God are alive every one of you this day.
    5. Behold, I have taught you statutes and judgments, even as the Lord my God commanded me, that ye should do so in the land whither ye go to possess it.
    6. Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these statutes, and say, Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.
    7. For what nation is there so great, who hath God so nigh unto them, as the Lord our God is in all things that we call upon him for?
    8. And what nation is there so great, that hath statutes and judgments so righteous as all this law, which I set before you this day?
    9. Only take heed to thyself, and keep thy soul diligently, lest thou forget the things which thine eyes have seen, and lest they depart from thy heart all the days of thy life: but teach them thy sons, and thy sons' sons;
    10. Specially the day that thou stoodest before the Lord thy God in Horeb, when the Lord said unto me, Gather me the people together, and I will make them hear my words, that they may learn to fear me all the days that they shall live upon the earth, and that they may teach their children.
    11. And ye came near and stood under the mountain; and the mountain burned with fire unto the midst of heaven, with darkness, clouds, and thick darkness.
    12. And the Lord spake unto you out of the midst of the fire: ye heard the voice of the words, but saw no similitude; only ye heard a voice.
    13. And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.
    14. And the Lord commanded me at that time to teach you statutes and judgments, that ye might do them in the land whither ye go over to possess it.
    15. Take ye therefore good heed unto yourselves; for ye saw no manner of similitude on the day that the Lord spake unto you in Horeb out of the midst of the fire:
    16. Lest ye corrupt yourselves, and make you a graven image, the similitude of any figure, the likeness of male or female,

Deuteronomy 8

1. All the commandments which I command thee this day shall ye observe to do, that ye may live, and multiply, and go in and possess the land which the Lord sware unto your fathers.
    2. And thou shalt remember all the way which the Lord thy God led thee these forty years in the wilderness, to humble thee, and to prove thee, to know what was in thine heart, whether thou wouldest keep his commandments, or no.
    3. And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the Lord doth man live.

Deuteronomy 12

28. Observe and hear all these words which I command thee, that it may go well with thee, and with thy children after thee for ever, when thou doest that which is good and right in the sight of the Lord thy God.
    29. When the Lord thy God shall cut off the nations from before thee, whither thou goest to possess them, and thou succeedest them, and dwellest in their land;
    30. Take heed to thyself that thou be not snared by following them, after that they be destroyed from before thee; and that thou inquire not after their gods, saying, How did these nations serve their gods? even so will I do likewise.
    31. Thou shalt not do so unto the Lord thy God: for every abomination to the Lord, which he hateth, have they done unto their gods; for even their sons and their daughters they have burnt in the fire to their gods.
    32. What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

Proverbs 30

1. The words of Agur the son of Jakeh, even the prophecy: the man spake unto Ithiel, even unto Ithiel and Ucal,
    2. Surely I am more brutish than any man, and have not the understanding of a man.
    3. I neither learned wisdom, nor have the knowledge of the holy.
    4. Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?
    5. Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
    6. Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

Matthew 4
    3. And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.
    4. But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
    5. Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,
    6. And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.
    7. Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.
    8. Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
    9. And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
    10. Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
    11. Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.

Mark 4
    14. The sower soweth the word.
    15. And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.
    16. And these are they likewise which are sown on stony ground; who, when they have heard the word, immediately receive it with gladness;
    17. And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word's sake, immediately they are offended.
    18. And these are they which are sown among thorns; such as hear the word,
    19. And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.
    20. And these are they which are sown on good ground; such as hear the word, and receive it, and bring forth fruit, some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some an hundred.
    21. And he said unto them, Is a candle brought to be put under a bushel, or under a bed? and not to be set on a candlestick?
    22. For there is nothing hid, which shall not be manifested; neither was any thing kept secret, but that it should come abroad.
    23. If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.

Luke 4

3. And the devil said unto him, If thou be the Son of God, command this stone that it be made bread.
    4. And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.
    5. And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.
    6. And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.
    7. If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine.
    8. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
    9. And he brought him to Jerusalem, and set him on a pinnacle of the temple, and said unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down from hence:
    10. For it is written, He shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee:
    11. And in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.
    12. And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

Revelation 22

18. For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
    19. And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
    20. He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
    21. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

Now beware of falling into this:

Genesis 3
    1. Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
    2. And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
    3. But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
    4. And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
    5. For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
    6. And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.
    7. And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
    8. And they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God amongst the trees of the garden.
    9. And the Lord God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?
    10. And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.
    11. And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?
    12. And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.
    13. And the Lord God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.
    14. And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:
    15. And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
    16. Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
    17. And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

Do you see what happens when we doubt what God has said, and the result from it?

michelle

7. natters

natters New Member

Michelle said "Then please tell me where God has said that "adding" and "subtracting" from his words is allowed?"

He didn't. That's one of the things he led me to remember as I was comparing the KJV to my Geneva reprint and wondering why the KJV added and removed things. He reminded me that since his word was already preserved before the KJV was made, these additions and deletions in the KJV mean that the KJV cannot exclusively be his word. He reminded me that for the KJV translators to even work on the KJV in the first place, and for people like you to accept it exclusively, they/you first had to doubt God's word as it existed before the translators sat down to work.

8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I think the answer would be that the KJV was already laid down in heaven so anything before or after it which disagrees is adding to and taking away from it. That way it is possible to add to or take away even before it is translated.

Doesn't that make sense?

9. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have alluded the issue michelle. God has preserved His words exactly (the jots and tittles) in the manuscripts of the received texts.
    A translation is a secondary method of preservation.

No.

HankD

10. Johnv

Johnv New Member

No, because there's no scriptural support to suggest that any translation has been "laid down in heaven". That's outright heresy and borderlines on version idolatry.

In addition, there's no scriptural support to suggest that a translation of scripture is in any way a sole final authority. For example, what do you do when the KJV disagrees with its source texts? This is the case with the phrase "God save the King". Do we disregard the translation in that case, or do we disregard the source text?

11. natters

natters New Member

C4K said "I think the answer would be that the KJV was already laid down in heaven so anything before or after it which disagrees is adding to and taking away from it. That way it is possible to add to or take away even before it is translated."

Yes, I guess that makes sense but that same idea could be applied to any version. Maybe it was the NIV that was laid down in heaven. Maybe the Geneva. Maybe something that hasn't been given to us yet. [​IMG]

12. NaasPreacher (C4K)

But if you had understanding and loved the truth you too would know that it only applies to one version of the Bible. If you cant't see that it is because you have closed your eyes and stuck your fingers in your ears.

(I hope you all are catching my drift here)

13. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Oh ... wait ... You're pulling my leg, aren't you ...

Please don't be too upset at me jumping the gun. The Angels game went into extra innings last night, and I'm a tad short on sleep.

14. NaasPreacher (C4K)

We really need a [sarcasm] code on this thread ;) .

15. michelle

michelle New Member

He didn't. That's one of the things he led me to remember as I was comparing the KJV to my Geneva reprint and wondering why the KJV added and removed things. He reminded me that since his word was already preserved before the KJV was made, these additions and deletions in the KJV mean that the KJV cannot exclusively be his word. He reminded me that for the KJV translators to even work on the KJV in the first place, and for people like you to accept it exclusively, they/you first had to doubt God's word as it existed before the translators sat down to work.

So are you telling me, that the Holy Spirit of Truth, who leads us to all truth (John 16), who cannot and does not lie (Num.23:19, Titus 1:2-3), told you something contrary to his words about his words?

I also say this out of great concern, care and love for you: be careful not to blasphemy the Holy Spirit of God. God gives us clear warning about this.

Matthew 12

30. He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.
    31. Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
    32. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
    33. Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.
    34. O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
    35. A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.
    36. But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
    37. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

had to doubt God's word as it existed before the translators sat down to work.

This is a false statement as I do not believe this, and have said the opposite of that.
    (Psalm 12)

KJV added and removed things.

This is also a false statement.

KJV cannot exclusively be his word.

Please tell me then, where does one find God's pure words today in English?

If you say all versions, please tell me what scriptures you base this belief upon. How can you tell whether the verses that have been omitted/altered in the modern versions are God's words, or not and how then can they be your AUTHORITY? How do you determine this? Also ask the Spirit who led you to these things, why he weakened the testimony of Himself in the modern versions? Why all of a sudden is He changing(taking away/altering) the scriptures from what his faithful believers taught for generations even until today? Why has this same Spirit revealed to you something different than what the scriptures clearly say themselves??

Heb.13

8. Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
    9. Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.

John 16

Please provide scriptural support for your all of your beliefs/reasons.

michelle

16. michelle

michelle New Member

Do we disregard the translation in that case, or do we disregard the source text?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First, we stop DOUBTING God, and second believe and have Faith in what God has been so wonderful in providing us for generations, and since the beginning of time. You can find God's pure words in English in their entirety from Gen.1 - Rev.22:21 in the Holy Bible our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ of generations past taught, believed and grew in the Lord in, and continue to.

Jeremiah 6

16. Thus saith the Lord, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.
    17. Also I set watchmen over you, saying, Hearken to the sound of the trumpet. But they said, We will not hearken.
    18. Therefore hear, ye nations, and know, O congregation, what is among them.
    19. Hear, O earth: behold, I will bring evil upon this people, even the fruit of their thoughts, because they have not hearkened unto my words, nor to my law, but rejected it.

John 16

michelle

17. michelle

michelle New Member

You have alluded the issue michelle. God has preserved His words exactly (the jots and tittles) in the manuscripts of the received texts.
    A translation is a secondary method of preservation.

Where has God said this? Please supply scriptural support for this belief.

Are you calling Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour a liar?

Matthew 5

18. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
    19. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
    20. For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 24
    33. So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
    34. Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
    35. Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
    36. But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
    37. But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
    38. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
    39. And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

2 Peter 1
    15. Moreover I will endeavour that ye may be able after my decease to have these things always in remembrance.
    16. For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.
    17. For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
    18. And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.
    19. We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
    20. Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
    21. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Revelation 1

1. The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
    2. Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.
    3. Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Revelation 19

10. And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

John 10
    11. I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
    12. But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.
    13. The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.
    14. I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
    15. As the Father knoweth me, even so I know the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
    16. And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

27. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
    28. And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
    29. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
    30. I and my Father are one.

Romans 15

1. We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves.
    2. Let every one of us please his neighbour for his good to edification.
    3. For even Christ pleased not himself; but, as it is written, The reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on me.
    4. For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
    5. Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus:
    6. That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
    7. Wherefore receive ye one another, as Christ also received us to the glory of God.

John 16
    7. Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
    8. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
    9. Of sin, because they believe not on me;
    10. Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
    11. Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
    12. I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
    13. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
    14. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
    15. All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

michelle

18. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Jesus never said that he would preserve the King James Bible.

19. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Okay - I quit.

You can't argue with a logic says agree with me or you doubt God.

There is NO merit to michelle's rantings. Either agree with her or you call Jesus a liar?!? Who does that sound like she is equating herself to?

This is no longer worth my time.

20. michelle

michelle New Member

You can't argue with a logic says agree with me or you doubt God.

Those were scripture references given to you concerning the words of God and what HE has said concerning them.

Jesus never said that he would preserve the King James Bible.

The problem in this statement is that you keep yourself "blinded" from the truth because of a label and the package you attach to it. Listen to God's words about his words first, rather than first approaching this issue with an argumentative attitude/intention against the bias of a label (false one at that - and stawman).

michelle