1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VERY Limited Atonement: Christ died for Paul

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Doubting Thomas, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The Episcapostate...sorry...Episcopal Church, the 'fallen branch' of the Anglican Communion in the USA.

2. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

So the Episcopal Church is completely liberalized, or whatever? There is no conservative
    faction?

(The only Church I really know in it is Cathedral of St. John the Divine, which is more a tourist attraction than anything else, and I know people who stop by in the winter for the pagan festivals or exhibits, or whatever).

3. Matt Black

Site Supporter

Most of it is liberal. Those parishes or dioceses which are not either have sought or are in the process of seeking alternative episcopal oversight from more conservative provinces.

4. Doubting Thomas

Doubting Thomas Active Member

That's exactly right, Eric! :thumbs:

5. Doubting Thomas

EpiscaPAGAN is another moniker I've heard.

6. Doubting Thomas

That's correct. For the past year, I have been in one of those parishes/dioceses in the newly formed Anglican Church of North America (though I'm not sure how keen my bishop will be when I nail my 99 PLUS 1 Theses to the door of his pro-cathedral!)

Here's ACNA's website for those who might be interested: http://www.anglicanchurch.net/

7. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

How about "episcopicable"?
    (Something I thought of a long time ago, just from how easy it is to misaccent the word like cartoon characters do; the accent is on the "o" in the way I thought of it, then after pronouncing that, you realize that's not right, and it should have some more syllables, and then stammer over the whole word!)

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Eric....I attended services @ St. Peters in Morristown (Bishop Spongs old hangout) & went to a bible study after. The priest was teaching that abortions were OK considering certain conditions.... I walked out!:mad:

9. Doubting Thomas

I don't blame you. 'Episcopagan' indeed fits well--the pagans of old sacrificed their young to gods like Molech; the pagans of today sacrifice to the gods of 'Choice' and 'Reproductive Freedom' and 'Convenience'. Thus, Eric's description of "episcopicable" is also a very fitting label for this apostate denomination.

10. Matt Black

Site Supporter

A sacrament can operate as a vehicle for grace, yes. Certainly sanctifying grace. As can reading the Bible, prayer, giving glory to God, praise and worship etc. What's your problem with that?

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Problem......thats funny. How long ago did I post that? :laugh:

12. WestminsterMan

WestminsterMan New Member

That's the typical tripe I would expect from a non-christian - but not from you EWF!

13. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

That is the typical TRUTH that I would expect from anyone who is HONEST with what Catholocism really is.

14. WestminsterMan

Hmmmm.... Why, you're not implying that I, or anyone on this board who takes exception with you particular flavor of Christianity, is dishonest now are you doc?

WM

15. WestminsterMan

Double quote...

16. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

Naaa, what good what that do? I am just going beyond "implying" that what Wind, earth and Fire said was untarnished truth!

17. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

As if any other church of the Christian persuasion, Baptist included, don't have faults or "evil" people in their leadership from time to time. It is one thing to disagree, even passionately, with Catholics over doctrine, but brush one and all with the same is not the proper thing to do, no matter how you slice it.

18. WestminsterMan

Oh I see... I disagree with your assesment of Catholicism and many other topics that you put forward. Therefore, according to your own statement above, that makes me dishonest and untruthfull. Taking that position to it's logical conclusion necessarily places anyone who disagrees with your assessment in the same boat. That's a sad and unchristian thing for anyone to espouse - I mean, seeing as how you aren't God and thus cannot know the state of anyone's soul. :rolleyes:

WM.

19. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

You know, I sorta guessed you were coming to the defense of the old whore but I was not quite sure until now. Confession is good for soul! Yes, those who defend Catholicism lack truth - lots of truth.

20. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

There are not perfect Christians or perfect Churches or perfect denominations. However, there are essentials to be a Christian and to be a church of Christ and to be a Christian denomination and Rome fails in all ESSENTIAL points.

1. They teach and preach a perverted gospel
    2. They pervert the ordinances
    3. They pervert the scriptures
    4. They pervert the nature of God by their Marioaltry nonsense
    5. etc., etc., etc.

#60 Dr. Walter, Aug 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2011