1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Very Powerful Message

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Navymans, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Navymans

Navymans New Member

Here is a video of Paul Washer giving a powerful message to 5000 youth at a rally, some may not agree with all he says it may make some mad but it is the truth of the Bible being preached. We need more messages preached like this in my own thoughts about it. Let me know what you think it is like 46 min long but well worth the time.

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=19fd9c84c942a08316e0

2. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

About 1974 Peter Lord preached a lot of the same things to a Southern Baptist audience then.

Making disciples would take care of a lot of the baloney today.

So much preaching is about getting people into the church building so they can get nickels and noses. It is also an effort to get people in the door with a zero cost Christianity.

It is great to see people who will stand!!

3. Navymans

Navymans New Member

Yes he dont hold nothing back, and this is the kind of message that needs to be preached in our Church today. So many in our Church's are really not saved and one day will bust Hell wide open saying Lord, Lord. You can profess all you want but does Jesus know you is the real subject that needs to be preached throughout the land, like he says you will know them by there fruits.

4. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Absolutely.

It will happen when more pastors are more concerned about serving and fearing Christ as Lord and less concerned about keeping a job and pleasing man. I believe we have too many pastors (if you would call them that) who fear man much more than God.

Mt. 10:28 "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

5. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

A.W.Tozer had a great message on that subject back in the 50's or 60's. I also believe he had a message on it in one of his editorials in the CMA magazine.

6. PeterM

PeterM Member

Powerful messages, no matter how good they may be, without proper discipleship will have little impact. Most of the real work in the kingdom doesn't happen in worship gatherings or at conferences/crusades. It happens in living rooms, at kitchen tables, or even in restaurants when one person intentionally pours thier life into another.

7. Navymans

Navymans New Member

We need a real awaking in America but sadly I dont see it coming to pass, our country is becoming more and more away from the very things it was founded on. I seen a paper hanging on a wall the other day of two ladies standing in front of a school and there was police tape around the school and one of the ladies was saying to the other "Why didnt God stop the shooting that took place inside this morning" the other lady said to the other "God isnt allowed in school anymore" that to me is a powerful message of what we have become in America "God isnt allowed in a growing number of places". Our children is paying the price, our children are under attack daily by so many different evil things and parents are not seeming to be concerned. It gives me a heavy heart I am sorry for going on so long about this.:godisgood:

8. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Absolutely. Think at how much time is spent by pastors in dealing with antagonists and those who like to create trouble. I often think that if most church disbanded we would actually be better off because the troublemakers would not have a place to go. I do know this that when I was pastoring and discipled people those who wanted to grow did grow and the troublemakers created more trouble for me. I came to quickly realize that when I worked a regular job I was able to reach more people without all of the churhc politics and those who "pay money'" claiming it as their church. Over the years I have reach many that churches have not reached and if the people were atending church they were doing little more than attending or doing something but none of them were making disciples when I met them.

Look at how many cults came out of the same times as the awakenings in America. Yet the denominational gurus lie ot get peole all worked up to sell their new program. All one had to do is look at the program Jesus instituted when he trained His disciples.