1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Vet cuts down Illegal Mexican flag flying above U.S. Flag

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by 2 Timothy2:1-4, Oct 4, 2007.

1. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whoopee!!!! :thumbs:

3. 2 Timothy2:1-4

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Bravo, good for him.
    [​IMG]

#4 saturneptune, Oct 4, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2007
  5. 2 Timothy2:1-4

6. billwald

billwald New Member

Property damage. He has no legal right to mess with other people's property. There is no law regarding flag height.

Is this patriotic vet also protesting little paper flags put on cup cakes every July 4th and raggedy flags flown in the dark?

7. Ex-Fundy

Ex-Fundy New Member

The Man Deserves a Medal.

Except, he didn't go far enough... he should have BURNED the mexican flag too...

[racist comments snipped]
    Harrumph!

#7 Ex-Fundy, Oct 6, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2007
  8. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

You originally said to nuke Mexico. Guess you realized you overreached. [snipped to fit previous snipped post] . And what is with the name calling?? Very unchristlike. Didn't our Lord die for these as well? If he loves them, so do I.

#8 Magnetic Poles, Oct 6, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2007
  9. Ex-Fundy

Ex-Fundy New Member

Yeah, He died for them, alright. But that still don't give them a right to come into MY country, steal Jobs from other America Citizens and live here off my land, as a Illegal Aliens.

Go to this link HERE, you might learn something.

#9 Ex-Fundy, Oct 6, 2007
  10. Magnetic Poles

First of all, don't post links to hate sites. Secondly your own words condemn you.

So you think you have a right to kill them? You are [personal attack deleted]

You have also been reported.

#10 Magnetic Poles, Oct 6, 2007
  11. Magnetic Poles

Back to the topic at hand, I understand the ire of this vet, and the flag code does specify the banners of sovereign nations should fly at the same level. However, he did also trespass and destroy the property of others.

Did he inform them? Perhaps the owners of the business were just ignorant.

In any case, the flag code, from what I understand, is not a law to be enforced, but merely specifies how the flag should be displayed.

12. 2 Timothy2:1-4

Title 4 United States Code:​
    § 4. Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag; Manner of Delivery.​
    The Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag: “I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the
    United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under
    God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.”, should be rendered by standing at
    attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. When not in uniform men
    should remove any non-religious headdress with their right hand and hold it at the
    left shoulder, the hand being over the heart. Persons in uniform should remain silent,
    face the flag, and render the military salute.​
    § 5. Display and Use of Flag by Civilians; Codification of Rules and
    Customs; Definition.​
    The following codification of existing rules and customs pertaining to the
    display and use of the flag of the United States of America is established for the use
    of such civilians or civilian groups or organizations as may not be required to
    conform with regulations promulgated by one or more executive departments of the
    Government of the United States. The flag of the United States for the purpose of
    this chapter shall be defined according to Sections 1 and 2 of Title 4 and Executive
    Order 10834 issued pursuant thereto.​
    § 6. Time and Occasions for Display.​
    (a) It is the universal custom to display the flag only from sunrise to sunset on
    buildings and on stationary flagstaffs in the open. However, when a patriotic
    effect is desired, the flag may be displayed 24 hours a day if properly
    illuminated during the hours of darkness.
    (b) The flag should be hoisted briskly and lowered ceremoniously.
    (c) The flag should not be displayed on days when the weather is inclement, except
    when an all-weather flag is displayed.
    (d) The flag should be displayed on all days, especially on New Year’s Day,
    January 1; Inauguration Day, January 20; Martin Luther King Jr.’s birthday, the
    third Monday in January;​
    15 Lincoln’s Birthday, February 12; Washington’s
    Birthday, third Monday in February; Easter Sunday (variable); Mother’s Day,
    second Sunday in May; Armed Forces Day, third Saturday in May; Memorial
    Day (half-staff until noon), the last Monday in May; Flag Day, June 14;
    Independence Day, July 4; Labor Day, first Monday in September; Constitution
    CRS-4
    Day, September 17; Columbus Day, second Monday in October; Navy Day,
    October 27; Veterans Day, November 11; Thanksgiving Day, fourth Thursday
    in November; Christmas Day, December 25; and such other days as may be
    proclaimed by the President of the United States; the birthdays of States (date
    of admission); and on State holidays.
    (e) The flag should be displayed daily on or near the main administration building
    of every public institution.
    (f) The flag should be displayed in or near every polling place on election days.
    (g) The flag should be displayed during school days in or near every schoolhouse.

§ 7. Position and Manner of Display.​
    The flag, when carried in a procession with another flag or flags, should be
    either on the marching right; that is, the flag’s own right, or, if there is a line of other
    flags, in front of the center of that line.
    (a) The flag should not be displayed on a float in a parade except from a staff, or
    as provided in subsection (i) of this section.
    (b) The flag should not be draped over the hood, top, sides, or back of a vehicle or
    of a railroad train or a boat. When the flag is displayed on a motorcar, the staff
    should be fixed firmly to the chassis or clamped to the right fender.
    (c) No other flag or pennant should be placed above or, if on the same level, to the
    right of the flag of the United States of America, except during church services
    conducted by naval chaplains at sea, when the church pennant may be flown
    above the flag during church services for the personnel of the Navy. No person
    shall display the flag of the United Nations or any other national or international
    flag equal, above, or in a position of superior prominence or honor to or in place
    of the flag of the United States or any Territory or possession thereof: Provided,
    That nothing in this section shall make unlawful the continuance of the practice
    heretofore followed of displaying the flag of the United Nations in a position of
    superior prominence or honor, and other national flags in positions of equal
    prominence or honor, with that of the flag of the United States at the
    headquarters of the United Nations.
    (d) The flag of the United States of America, when it is displayed with another flag
    against a wall from crossed staffs, should be on the right, the flag’s own right,
    and its staff should be in front of the staff of the other flag.
    (e) The flag of the United States of America should be at the center and at the
    highest point of the group when a number of flags of States or localities or
    pennants of societies are grouped and displayed from staffs.
    (f) When flags of States, cities, or localities, or pennants of societies are flown on
    the same halyard with the flag of the United States, the latter should always be
    at the peak. When the flags are flown from adjacent staffs, the flag of the...

http://lieberman.senate.gov/documents/crs/usflag.pdf

13. Magnetic Poles

Thanks for posting that.

14. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

No more warnings. Keep this tone and I will not only edit the posts but delete the thread.

15. Magnetic Poles

So you edit my pointing out he linked to a hate / racist site, but leave in his comments advocating mass murder and bodybags?

Roger, you are usually quick to handle such problems. I expect better moderation than that. Plus you said I made a personal attack. No I didn't. I said he should take his racist trash somewhere else.

#15 Magnetic Poles, Oct 6, 2007
  16. Ex-Fundy

Ex-Fundy New Member

Since when did the American Nationalist Union become a racist organization?

*scratching head*

Pro-American? Yes.

Racist? Not hardly.

17. Magnetic Poles

Let me ask you this, EF. Are you 100% American Indian? If not, YOUR forebears were illegal aliens. By your logic, you should be shipped back to the old country in a body bag, as you advocate for others? You need to think about what you say.

[​IMG]

#17 Magnetic Poles, Oct 6, 2007
  18. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Your obnoxious posts do nothing to get across the fact that I think what the vet did was correct. By the way, this is not your country. It belongs to 300,000,000 Americans.

19. Magnetic Poles

Plus the "stealing jobs" comment belies a larger problem. It is American businesses that hire illegals.
    Then there is the whole issue of whether or not people like EF would do the jobs like picking produce at the wages paid these workers. It is a multifaceted problem, not one solved by sending them back in "body bags". If Americans would pay a bit more, then American workers could make a liveable wage doing things like farming, construction, cleaning, dish washing, etc. As long as we have a Wal-Mart, cheap cheap cheap mindset, this is what we get.

As for me, I'd do a job like that as a last resort, but these are not the jobs I went to school to pursue. And I certainly couldn't have a liveable wage under the current economic situation.

Complex problem, not solved by mindless hatred and reactionary comments.

And again, did this vet try to talk to the business rather than react out of emotion? We don't know. But I imagine these folks may have just been ignorant of protocol.

20. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

We probably do not feel the same about this issue of the flag, which is fine. Our posts are civil and reasoned out. The post I was criticizing has nothing to do with which side. That was just pure hate.