1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Veteran Identification Card

Discussion in 'Vets and Friends' started by Van, Oct 14, 2021.

1. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I still carry my "Draft Card" which indicates by my classification I have fulfilled by obligation to serve in the military. However, when I asked to have "Veteran" put on my California drivers license, I needed to bring my DD214 and a form from county government (Veteran Services) indicating that my military status had been verified. Now my real ID driver's license also says veteran.

Does the Federal Government or other state governments issue "Veteran Status" cards?

2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    New York does have one- but when I renewed I did not have the documantion with me.

Not that big of a deal.
    I went to the PX the other day -at the Air NG base - and my VA s/c Card was suffice to get on base.
    Now at Ft Drum - you have to fill out a form - have two IDs and then they print out a Ft Drum ID for you - good for one year.

4. Lodic

Lodic Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I took my DD 214 in to the Drivers License Bureau here in Texas, and they added "VETERAN" to my license. I did not need to provide any other proof.

• Informative Informative x 1