1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Veterans Day - November 11, 2007

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by KenH, Nov 11, 2007.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    To anyone who reads this who has served or is currently serving in the armed forces of these United States I want to say: Thank you.

2. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

Ditto here....:applause:

3. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My husband (Vietnam vet) and I went to the American Legion this morning for the ceremonies and the breakfast for vets. It was so touching, the National Anthem, the Pledge, the Prayer, the 12 gun salute, the cannon, and then Taps.

I thank all veterans for serving our country. God Bless America, and pray for our nation.

Debbie Mc

4. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

I count it a privilege to have served in America's military and in some small way to have helped to defend our freedoms.

Our nation has strayed far from the biblical principles upon which it was founded, but I still believe it's the greatest nation on earth today.

Please do remember in your prayers those that are presently serving in our armed forces--many of which are in very dangerous situations. Pray for their families too.

ktn4eg
    Retired USAF / Air National Guard

5. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

Not only in "these United States", but in "this United Kingdom" too, though we call it "Armistice Day" or "Remembrance Day."

My prayer is that as people "remember the fallen"(which is important), they realise the even greater importance of remembering the Lord Jesus Christ, Who gave His own life on the cross so that sinners could be made right with God and fit for heaven.

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We have a special day set aside to "remember the fallen", Memorial Day.

Veterans day is a day we use to recognize the contributions of all veterans of all branches of service including the National Guard.

Every day is a special day for remembering the sacrifice of Christ.:thumbs:

7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I have always considered Britain, Australia, and Israel out most reliable allies. There are probably others since the fall of the Soviet Union.

Echoing the above, to all who served, thanks.

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I went to a local elementary school for a veterans program. Those fresh faced smiling little kids recited the Pledge of Allegiance with their hands over their hearts. They sang "I'm Proud to be an American" and "It's a Grand Old Flag" from memory.

Kudos to teachers who teach our children the proper respect for our nation and our flag, as well as respect for the sacrifices of veterans.:thumbs:

9. North Carolina Tentmaker

Thanks guys, I appreciate your support and that of our allies David.

I went to a service with several veteran friends. One friend of mine, a Viet Nam Vet shared something with me this year. He said this was the first year he had ever attended as a veteran. His Viet Nam experience was bad, his homecoming worse, and he still feels guilty, guilty for coming home when others did not. He said something very true, he told me:

I understand his guilt and have felt the same way. I feel very uncomfortable receiving any honor for the service I gave when those who gave all are the ones who really deserve it. But because they are not here, those of us who do remember them must stand in their place year after year. So on behalf of those who cannot say it, your welcome.