1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Veterans Sucidide

Discussion in 'Vets and Friends' started by Salty, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is a stat that says that some 22 vets a day commit sucidide.
    However, there is more to the story, then meets the eye:
    Learn More

But keep in mind, there may be several reasons why a Vet thinks suicide is the only answer.

When I applied to be a recruiter - the NCOIC stated that all 10 recruiters who accompanied him - were all divorce. - Yes, military life can be hard. Preparing for TDY at Ft Irwin, I asked Top if being away from your family got easier with each deployment - he replied that it actually got harder.

Then I found this link about divorced dad

So I wonder of those 22 GI's per day that commit suicide - I wonder how many are divorced dads....

and one other thing:

One last thing - would you want to minister to Combat vets?
    https://rebootrecovery.com/?fbclid=IwAR05Hm3J8YRTG7i8HM9IH5NLx33wwXoBgZV7CsKtfr8cp_QwwJGBi84NNos

2. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It’s crazy. I have thought about it, but do not really know how to get started

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    are you referring to reboot recovery

4. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My ex S.F. friend stays depressed because he misses the action. He is an adrenaline junkie who loves jumping and blowing stuff up. He can't get his adrenaline fix in normal life. Even though he has never actually said the words, I am 200% confident he misses killing.

One of the guys I was on SWAT with missed it so bad he went back as a contractor for 15 years.