1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Vice President Cheney: "So?"

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Mar 21, 2008.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Real classy on the part of the man who is one heartbeat away from being president.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SypeZjeOrY4

Even though I agree with one not always going along with an opinion poll I think that a response of "So?" to the two-thirds of the American people who oppose the continuation of the American involvement in President Bush's Folly in Iraq was beneath the dignity of the office of vice president of these United States.

2. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is a non-issue.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is certainly an issue with a lot of us Americans.

4. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    His comments here aren't going to change any minds.

You can disagree with his opinions, but his basic position is that we cannot manage the war according to opinion polls.

I believe he is correct on that issue. I believe we should go in a different direction on the war, but opinion polls shouldn't be the determining factor.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So do I. However, his dismissive "So?" was a stupid way to say it.

6. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think you're blowing this out of proportion. It's just a quick comment in an interview.

Put down the Obama-Aid for a moment. :laugh: I'm no Cheney fan, but I think we shouldn't assume the worst.

7. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "So?"
    A 2/3 majority? That's about the number that favors organized prayer in public schools and opposes busing to further integrate those schools. "So?" is essentially the answer to all cowardly politicians when there is that substantial a majority.

8. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

This just shows the level that the desparation of someone like Ken leads to. When you cannot come up with something substantive, you will complain about something this silly, all the while professing to agree with the point.

His whole support of Obama is based on lies and deception. Obama is a master politician. And the weakminded are more easily taken in by it than thinking people are.

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your obsession with me, Pastor Larry, is really getting out of hand. I am not an issue. I am standing for election, nor do I hold public office.

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Goodness! I merely commented on his remark. I hope that my simply stating my opinion about something has not become regarded as "blowing this out of proportion" in this forum. :confused:

11. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

Obsession with you? Hate to break the news to you, but I don't even think about you, Ken. You seem to be obsessed with yourself, and think everyone else is obsessed about you as well. Understand this: I don't care and very few others do. The sooner you get over yourself, the better things will be.

The fact remains that you make silly arguments that have no substance. But rather than face up to that, you would rather talk about other people who have the courage and love for you to confront the kind of silliness you are putting forth, and call on you to stop it in the name of truth and common sense.

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There you go again. :)

13. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Somehow I doubt it would have mattered how he said it.

14. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You said it was beneath the dignity of his office. IMO, that's blowing it out of proportion.

Now, if we were talking about his F-bomb on the Senate floor, it would be different.

15. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

What could possibly be more irrelevent in the world of politics than a lame duck VP? And if you say "these United States" one more time, I am going to check myself into the Baptist Board nut house.

[​IMG]

#15 saturneptune, Mar 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2008
  16. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

KenH said to tell you, "These United States!" Hope you like straitjackets.

As far as Cheney goes, this is par for the course for him. I guess Halliburton hasn't milked the public enough in Iraq.

BTW, What is Pastor Larry's obsession with KenH?

17. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I do not think that PL is obsessed with Ken. Both are very opinionated and its a natural interaction.

Sometimes people express strong feelings about an issue without having experienced the situation, counted the cost, or thought it through. For example, if a person is adamant about staying in Iraq, and invading Iran, and that person never served, and has no sacrifice to make, it is hard to take the remark seriously, as they do not have a clue. They base their opinion on the latest news flash. If you ask them to lead the charge, they are no where to be found.

18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And guess where Dick Cheney, the chief promoter of the Iraq War, spent the fifth anniversary of the worst foreign policy decision in the history of these United States? Fishing on the royal yacht of the Sultan of Oman.

I am not surprised, though. Dick Cheney made sure he avoided serving our nation in the Vietnam War, unlike my brother and brother-in-law.

19. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

If you love him so much, why don't you MARRY him!
    [​IMG]

To the point, it was arrogant and stupid for the Evil Vice-Emporer to dismiss it with "So?". However soon his servant, Darth Dubya will be defeated by young Barack Skywalker and the forces of the Republic!

20. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

Love who? If this was directed at me, I don't love any of these politicians. I think they are all crooked.

Who is the "Evil Vice-Emperor"? This thread was about Cheney's comment, and I find it hard to think that anyone would seriuosly argue we should run a war (or anything else) by public opinion.