1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Video shows Bush knew Katrina was going to be bad.

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by The Galatian, Mar 2, 2006.

1. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Bush certainly has lied repeatedly, and in this case we can either conclude he was a liar, or he is incompetent beyond belief.

Everyone briefing him knew that if the levees were topped, they would be breached. What did he think their repeated warnings were about?

Perhaps he didn't. The conventional take on Bush is that he is the least intellectually curious president in history. He seems to just shut out realities that he doesn't like.

If I was backing him, I'd be a lot more concerned about that, than about his truthfulness or lack thereof.

2. standingfirminChrist

OR,

Did ya ever stop to think that Bush may not be a Brother in Christ to many? Oh, I believe he is saved...

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Everyone briefing him? Really? How do you know that? You can't possibly know. Therefore, what am I to conclude? That you are being truthful or lying?

Tell me what is the difference between your behavior toward the President and that of the high school teacher in Colorado? None.

I repeat what I said earlier:

"During the time I have spent on this Forum I have read that Bush is a liar more times than I have read that Jesus Christ is Lord. That is disgraceful, particularly when President Bush is a brother in Christ. One must question whether this Forum [Politics] is being used by those who are not Christians simply to beat up on President Bush."

4. OldRegular

They do if he is a liar, which Bush is! </font>[/QUOTE]T_H
    Does your response indicate that you have hatred in your heart for President Bush?

T_H
    Don't know you. Have never seen you. Don't care to do either.

I have never met the President personally. I have seen his response to events and threats that have beset this nation. That response demonstrates a man of stalwart character; I believe a man of Christian character.

That is more than I can say from anything that I have learned about you; 1] from your response to posts on this Forum and 2] from you continually calling the President a liar when you have absolutely no proof.

Judging from these facts I will have to conclude that the President is much more trustworthy than you.

5. OldRegular

That is the reason that I posted the following:

During the time I have spent on this Forum I have read that Bush is a liar more times than I have read that Jesus Christ is Lord. That is disgraceful, particularly when President Bush is a brother in Christ. One must question whether this Forum [Politics] is being used by those who are not Christians simply to beat up on President Bush.

6. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

OR,
    George Bush is just like his Big Brother , Bill Clinton. Bill Clinton is a Christian too! Oh , and he lies a lot too. Whenever you are decieving the American public, that is the same thing as a lie. George Bush sold himself as a Christian to get the Christian vote.
    George Bush has as much standards as a street prostitute.

7. standingfirminChrist

Let him that is without sin...

8. D28guy

D28guy New Member

TerryHerrington,

Well, seeing as you live in Texas I wouldnt advise you ever coming to Kentucky.

Seeing a state with this much beauty would probably be more than your dust bowl sensibilities could handle. :D

(just gotta kid ya a little bit there, pardner!)

Here, check out the wonderful little town where I live...

Click on: Berea, Kentucky

God bless,

Mike

9. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

It's not surprising that the same people on the board who try to use semantics to prove Bush didn't lie about anticipating the levees failing, are the same ones who repeat the lie that Gore said he invented the internet.

10. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

You've limited the choices to those that suite your purpose. He is not a liar nor is he incompetent.

The lying is being done by those that accuse him of being a liar over this incident.

The incompetence is being demonstrated by the arm chair experts who have all the anwers after the fact but can predict nothing for certain that will or will not tomorrow.

11. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Not so, friend! I, for one, say Bush didn't lie about the flooding in New Orleans but I, also for one, don't claim Gore said he invented the Internet.

The lying claiming that Bush lied about the flooding has been exposed for what it is. I can understand how disappointing that must be to some people.

12. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

How low can we go?

13. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

It amazes me how loyal Bushites will hold George Bush to the same low standards as Bill Clinton. How low can they go?

14. Dave

Dave Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There was plenty of warning that the hurricane was supposed to be bad, but where is the culpabiblity for the local politicians. The Mayor and Governor are responsible for evacuation plans and emergency response. The federal government is to back them up, not necessarily take over all planning and execution.

15. standingfirminChrist

Amen, Dave.

smokescreens are blinding the people to local responsiblilty

16. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

As public servants, I hold them all to the same high standard. We should also hold ourselves to no less. We shouldn't be falsely accusing the President of lying. That itself, in the face of clear facts, becomes itself a lie. Adding this to the long list of other derogatory adjectives and comparisons I've seen in this thread brings us down to a very low standard of conduct.

We can disagree about the role our federal government should play in natural disasters, about how well the various governments performed their responsibilities, and how much responsibility the individuals involved should bear but we shouldn't be calling them liars, incompetent, lazy, "baby" Christians, implying they're not at all Christians, nor comparing them or their conduct to prostitutes and such as that.

You can twist that all you want, come up with cute comebacks, or deny it profusely but it's still wrong - plain and simple! As a brother in Christ I have to tell you this not because I'm better than any of you - I'm certainly not and, in fact, am probably much worse - but because what's being written in the examples posted by The Galatian, ASLANSPAL, and you, is in fact and in tone, completely inaccurate or inappropriate or both.

17. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This scripture being pretty much ignored by some in this topic. [​IMG]

18. Rocko9

Rocko9 New Member

This scripture being pretty much ignored by some in this topic. [​IMG] </font>[/QUOTE]______________________________
    Wow! Now everybody gets a free pass to do whatever they want. I think Jesus was talking about passing judgement. Bush stated "I don't think anybody anticipated the breach of the levees" .
    What ? Did he have a golf ball stuck in his ear or something. Bush was told and he tried to excuse himself from the major impact of this knowledge. It is obvious that he told a little bitty fib and our President is not above being held accountable. Bush can't stop a hurricane but he can refrain from his fibbing.We have the right to call him on it . King David was caught in a lie too but that didn't stop the truth from comming out.

19. OldRegular

You and Bill Clinton may be acquainted with the standards of street prostitutes but I doubt that President Bush is?

20. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Thanks for reminding me OR, what ever happened to Jeff Gannon (Guckert) anyway? :D

[ March 08, 2006, 08:58 PM: Message edited by: poncho ]