1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Vintage Christian films for kids

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by ltig8r, Oct 29, 2005.

1. ltig8r

ltig8r New Member

I went to a Baptist ACSI elementary school during the 70's and I vaguely remember a series of films that were used during chapel periodically. The only one I seem to remember was about the Nativity.

I don't believe they were motion pictures, but rather still, color illustrations that were panned and zoomed. I remember a movie projector being used, although I couldn't tell you if it was 8, 16, or 32 mm.

I believe the music/narration was played on a record player simultaneously, and there was a very particular orchestral tune that played at the beginning and end of the film.

I've done various searches on the internet but have been unable to find any information about classic / vintage Christian / religious films. If anyone has any leads, I would really appreciate it.

2. GodsAmbassador

GodsAmbassador New Member

You could check out the Bob Jones U. films. They have quite a few, that are now available on vhs and possible even dvd, but originally they were films. Films like Red Runs the River, The Printing, Sheffey, etc.

3. bapmom

bapmom New Member

The Printing! an Excellent film for a youth group night!

It is sooo good! and it seems to really appeal to all ages.