1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Vision Forum and Church

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Bartimaeus, Oct 16, 2003.

1. Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus New Member

So what is it? Home church or Church in the home. Is there a difference? Should there be a difference? What about church in the Catacombs? Is that the "real" church? What about church in the cemetary or church in the barn while hiding out from the magistrate? Is so much emphasis on "home church" just a passing circumstance?

Thanks ----Bart “The dueling society was a polite society”.

2. aefting

aefting New Member

I don't know much about Vision Forum, but I did find this quote from their leader in support of local churches:

Andy

3. Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus New Member

A really wonderful family visited our church and they were speaking of Vision Forum and another site. I could not remember the other site before but now I do. It was called the New Testament Restoration Foundation. It is this group that considers the church should be the "Home" church. Are there no opinions on this issue?

Thanks ------Bart "The dueling society was a polite society".

4. aefting

aefting New Member

I found their website and, yes, I do have problems with the "home church" philosophy. They play down the importance of preaching and pastoral leadership:

I guess they forgot about the incident in Troas when Paul preached until midnight and Eutychus fell asleep and out of a window! Maybe they think sermons ought to go longer than 45 minutes.

God gave the church pastors and other spiritual leaders for her edification (see Eph 4). It appears to me that these families want no real accountability or spiritual oversight in their lives. I think they forget that God established the church in addition to the family and that each plays an important part in our life for the Lord.

Andy