1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Visitor to Post Count Ratio

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Rolfe, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Was looking at my Profile Page and noticed the visitor count. Seems high for the number of posts.

Figured that for every post that I have made, there is .765 visitor.

Anyone else ever wondered about this?

2. wpe3bql

wpe3bql Member

In my case, the number of posts seems to be about right, so I don't know why your number of posts seems not to be what you think is right.

What has happened to me was that in about the middle of November of last year (2014) while I was actually posting on BB, my laptop computer---which is the only computer I have---took a hard-nosed crash.

With that crash took absolutely every one of my "favorites"---essentially everything including my e-mail account I had with Juno, and even my Quicken finance page!

When I moved from the apartment where I'd been living at since November, 2003, to my current town house---a little over 10 years ago---I packed what few program disks I had for my computer (which was an old clunky desk top one I had bought back in 1994) and had them put in the U-Haul truck that I'd rented to move my stuff from the apartment to my new town house, which was about 18 very bumpy miles away.

Unfortunately, the guy who was "helping me" carrying the boxes from my apartment to the U-Haul truck slipped and fell on some wet leaves as he was hoisting that box w/my program disks on to the truck that morning (It truly was a pretty nasty morning that day, but since I'd rented out the U-Haul truck for just a certain amount of hours that day, we decided to just move on with my move that day.).

Come to find out that the box with my program disks had somehow internally destroyed (severely cracked) many of my program disks, including, of course, the program disks for my Microsoft operating disks.

When I first got that desk top from this mail order computer sales company back in 1994, the operating system disks were for some Windows OS that was just prior to Windows 95---I don't remember which Windows OS they were because that was over 10 years ago + they were only on the ancient dial-up platform.

Well, I figured that since I was planning to get the Windows OS that was launched right after the now-famous Windows 95 OS---here again, I don't remember what this "newer Windows 95 OS was called [Windows 96 maybe??] but, bottom line, whatever program it was, I'd already installed that OS on my computer, and, in fact had updated it to move it from the old, very slow, dial-up operating platform to the latest ADSL operating platform that what used to was Bell South RBOC [of which, being employed by what then was Bell South Telecommunications] I got a 20% discount on this brand new ADSL that Bell South was selling.

ANYWAY, the nasty program OS's were destroyed beyond repair & the mail order company from which I originally bought them had gone out of business!! :BangHead:

Thankfully, the work group that maintained the Bell South ADSL Network was housed in the very same data center building where the work group in which I was employed (the Bell South Telecommunications SS7 Switching System Network).

I figured that they might direct me to a place where I could physically go to and purchase a set of replacement OS disks that were compatible with this new Bell South ADSL operating platform that I had installed on my desk-top computer.

NO PROBLEMO SENOR!!---Well at that time, it was probably true, but that was then, not to be confused with "now."

The place this ADSL fellow directed me to was---as it happened was some 25+ miles from where my town is located, PLUS, the reason why, when I finally found the building he told me would, NO SWEAT SENOR, be the go-to place to get the latest and greatest, whiz-bang replacement OS disks was---wouldn't y'all know---was holding the last and final "Going-Out-Of-Business-Sale"!! :BangHead:

SOOO, I couldn't purchase the disks I wanted there. OTOH, Bell South DID have a place where I thought could come to my rescue, but it didn't work out as I'd thought it would. :tear:

Over the phone, I was told that they could only replace my ADSL modem and whatever cabling and/or plastic adapters that came with that ADSL modem, etc., N-O-T the OS program disks.

Well, being the calendar boy for TUFF LUCK, SUCKKER ENTERPRISES, VERY LTD that I am, I just said ..... Well, y'all can probably figure out what I said to myself!!

Fast forward to November, 2014.....The Best-Buy store from whence I purchased my current lap-top has a Geek Squad where I THOUGHT could fix my problem(s).

Well, they told that they COULD fix it, but they'd need the exact ADSL modem + the OS disks on which my lap-top was currently running!!

When I told them that these OS disks had been destroyed, all the Geek Squad at the location at which they were situated could do for lucky old me was to go back no more than about two years and start all over again from square negative zero and install what's on their Windows 8.1.

Unfortunately, guess who'd have to go back and re-install every program on the Windows 8.1 OS that the Geek Squad put on my lap-top computer??

Yep, it's good old wpe3bql!!

Why wpe3bql?

Well, when I tried logging back on to BB (Remember, that's where I was when my lap-top computer took its hard-nosed crash.) it wouldn't let me log back on as ktn4eg, because the BB database apparently thought that ktn4eg was still on line and now my subsequent login attempts as ktn4eg was probably some hacker.

Therefore, what ktn4eg used to was is now wpe3bql!!

I don't think you can even find my old ktn4eg listed any more since I told whoever it is who administrates the BB members' member's information database to just close whatever my old ktn4eg member information since I'm now wpe3bql.

ANYWAY, I might suggest that you also might want to post this same info on BB's computer forum since the people who know a lot more about things such as you're asking in this BB forum might have better hints as to what your problem is.

IMHO, it's at least worth a try.

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just looked now and noticed it. Had never known about it. Seems unlikely that I have 7,000 visitors to my profile page. I wonder if it's Google web spiders or if it is a part of the weird technical stuff going on with the board?

4. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are probably either more popular than you thought... or you are being stalked. ;)