1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Voddie T. Baucham Jr.

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by reformingmymind, Feb 29, 2008.

1. reformingmymind

reformingmymind New Member

[​IMG]

How many people like Dr. Voddie Baucham?

What do you think of his books?

Here is a link to his online sermons.

2. sag38

sag38 Active Member

What I've heard I basically like. I'm not exactly sold on the "Generational Church" model. However, I do believe it is my job to teach my children and to bring them up in the fear and admonition of the Lord. It's not the school's job nor is it the sole job of the church. There Voddie is right on the mark and that part of his message needs to be understood by a lot of Christian parents today.

3. Allan

Allan Active Member

I have heard him speak and preach, and spoken with him personally on different occassions in brevity and at length. He is sound and of strong faith. His humble and devoted to his family first and ministry second. If I'm not mistaken he only speaks 3 weeks out of a month 'maximum' so he has time to be with his family and in their lives.

I haven't found anything in his preaching that is contradictory to what I understand in scripture. I personally believe he is a Godly man with the heart of the Father.

His books are great resourses to have. I haven't heard nor read 'everything' he has put out but alot of it I have and would recomend him without fear or uncertainty.

I lost track of what he is doing now (or should say the last 2 to 3 years). Last I heard he was considering pastoring in TX, or starting some inner-city type ministry there.

#3 Allan, Feb 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2008
  4. christianyouth

christianyouth New Member

Not to denigrate a man of God, but in one of his sermons entitled 'Preparing for Persecution' he said that Worship should be used as a tool of evangelism. So besides that statement, that I wish I wouldn't have heard, I love his preaching! :)

- Listen to his message addressing Post Modernism, called 'The Supremacy of Christ in Truth', AMAZING message.

5. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Heard him at the FL Baptist State Convention 2 years ago and at the founders meeting in San Antonio. He's a good man who preaches the Word.

6. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My sound cards in the desktop and this laptop seem to be having issues right now, but considering his website's links, I think I will enjoy listening to his sermons.
    will check it out after I put in the new cards.

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I had never heard of him before but I got the brochure for the homeschool conference in PA and he'll be there. If I go, I might try to get to a few of his seminars.

8. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I enjoy him and his ministry. A few years ago he spoke at our Missouri Baptist Evangelism Conference, and we happened to be staying at the same hotel and even shared the same elevator at one point and might I say that he is a big, big man. I can see why he was such a good college football player.

9. Allan

Allan Active Member

OH yeah!! When I shook his hand for the first time I felt one my children shaking an adults hand. THAT was a strange feeling :laugh:

I'm 5'10'' and he still towered over me (or maybe he just seemed to :) )

10. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I heard Voddie speak---Godly message

Though if he took the same message he has to the Homeschool groups and preached it in the average church----99.9% of um would have him fired!!!!

Godly man and I stand with him!!!

11. christianyouth

I heard his message preached at this. I think it was called, "Contending for the Faith". Was this the message that he preached at the conference, preaching on Jude?

12. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I listened to Contending for the Faith.

One of the best sermons I've heard.

13. christianyouth

Amen! Jkd, I agree

14. Servent

Servent Member

I heard him speak at a church I visited with a friend, and at the youth evangelism conference in Texas a few years ago, he is very good.