1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Volume Control question

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Brian30755, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Brian30755

Brian30755 New Member

Using Windows XP, every time I turn my computer on, I have to open the Volume Control and move the first slider (Master Volume?) up to get any sound.

Can someone tell me why it is resetting itself all the way back to the bottom (no volume at all) every time I turn my computer off?

Thanks,

Brian

2. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who knows what gremlins lurk in the Microsoft area of your computer :)

Keep it up, and it will probably learn your desired setting. Why it does it? Who knows.

An update you installed, program you installed most anything new might know better how you want to run your computer than you do :)

One thing you might try is to boot the puter, set the volume, reboot set the volume etc. for three reboots and see if it helps.

Xp can learn and can repair itself supposedly if you do this.

3. why try?

why try? Guest

If all else fails try the old MS website. I've been using the puter'since 2000, mostly internet.
    But the last 6 mos. I've learned a lot from their site, plus one called Computer Hope.
    Though I DID have to come here a few days ago to get help with a task manager problem.

4. kubel

kubel New Member

It's probably another program that is changing it. Whenever my TV tuner program is active, it automatically changes the volume settings.

If I were you, I would check my notification area for multimedia programs that could be running in the background that could be messing with the volume.