1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Voters duped on Obama's abortion stance?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Among the Latino community, we've had people working there since the election talking to people, and they said that the Obama folks coming around assured them that Obama was pro-life, that he was against abortion, and that's why they voted for him," he explains.

Sedlak contends false information was also given within the Catholic community. "We also had bishops and priests who were giving instructions that said, 'Well, as long as you don't vote for Obama on the topic of abortion, as long as you're voting for him for other reasons, then it's okay to vote for him,'" he points out.

More Here

2. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

Admittedly, Republicans have not done nearly enough over the years to battle abortion. But there have been some conservative gains over the years against this atrocity, which is the foremost moral issue of our generation. However, if Obama actually does what he promised Planned Parenthood and signs FOCA and appoints abortion-loving justices, then all those gains will be wiped away. And those who voted for him will be participants by proxy in his evil acts to perpetuate the holocaust on the least of these.

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Frankly I don't think the voters were duped. I don't think they give a flip as long as they can fill their bellies, get the latest in cell phones and video games, etc. Even the Jewish community voted overwhelmingly for Obama when it is certain he will favor the Islamic nations against Israel.

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Exactly - this a simple, but clear and accurate assessment of the election. It is always about the economy.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Always has been, always will be...except for those times when national security concerns overrides it.

6. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

As Christians, however, we are called to put such self-interests aside in favor of the great moral issue of our time - the abortion holocaust. Woe to him who puts his self-interests above the least of these.

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

No doubt, but we are not a nation of Christians and I contend there are plenty of believers who, in the privacy of the voting booth, voted with their wallets. They did not need to be duped.

8. Jack Matthews

Jack Matthews New Member

I doubt the veracity of this claim. Obama's stance on abortion is well known. For those to whom it is the single, deciding factor in how they will vote, it is difficult to understand that this is not a high priority issue anymore, not because they no longer care, but because the Republicans have done absolutely nothing to stop it, even though they had the power to do so during all three of the most recent Republican presidencies. It's just another dead campaign promise to a lot of people, and frankly, with Chief Justice Roberts declaring that Roe V. Wade is the "settled law of the land," and the alleged pro-life justices citing it as such and making it precedent, it is a moot issue. A candidate's stance on abortion is meaningless, since there is not a thing that can now be done, from a political perspective.

Of course, if the church would stand up and minister as it should, instead of trying to affect the course of secular politics, there would be a whole lot fewer abortions taking place. But on this issue in particular, most conservatives and evangelicals are all talk and no action.

9. donnA

donnA Active Member

Thought you claimed a person should not be a one issue voter and should consider all the issues? Then shouldn't you be speaking out against this?

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Speaking out against what? My opposition to abortion is well known in this forum.

11. OldRegular

If there ever was a time when Christians and conservatives should have come together to defeat Obama this year was that time. It is almost certain that one or more Justices of the Supreme Court will be replaced. Obama will insure that pro murder of unborn children judges will be nominated and confirmed.

With McCain there was at least a chance to get a pro life Justice and a possibility of reversing Roe v Wade. Now I fear it will never be reversed and the Judgment of God on this nation is inevitable.

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1. I doubt that McCain would have done so.

2. Even if McCain did so, such a nominee would not have been confirmed with a large Democratic majority in the U.S. Senate.

3. Therefore, having Barack as president won't affect the fate of any pro-life justice nominee as long the Democrats control the U.S. Senate.

13. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Funny Thing, Being Duped is a Demonic Gift

The Devil has been "duping" the world, and specifically the church and its people ever since the Adam and Eve incident in the Garden of Eden.

Obama did entice folks to vote for him with the promise of a new middle class tax that would some how, some way, result in checks being mailed out to the poorer folks on Main Street USA. These poor people will be waiting for that check when election/decision 2012 comes around. Let's just hope they don't forget this EMPTY promise when they enter the voting booth.

Overall, Obama's campaign was effective in every way, so, the only thing we can do now is pray and believe that God will not allow him to do too much harm to our society, our military, our economy, and our national security.:praying:

I can't believe that people did not understand that he was a defender of abortion, and that his goal was to make abortion more available than at any other time in US history. He is also working with the UN to help third world countries access abortion. But, let's NEVER forget that the topic of abortion is "above and beyond his paygrade."

Finally, I have no doubt that the priest, and some pastors told their congregations that a vote for Obama was not necessarily a vote for abortion. Just look at some of the members on the board who are arguing 'til they're blue in the face" that they are not guilty of abortion just because they voted for Obama. Talk about duping: This is a major "duping!":tonofbricks:

Pastor Paul:type:

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have no doubt that the middle class tax cut will take place. I think the only reason you said that is because of your opposition to anything Barack Obama proposes, even if it will be good for our country. I think you don't really believe that the middle class tax cut won't happen; it is your fervent desire that it doesn't happen. You don't have the good of the country at heart; your desire(and fruitless at that) is to see your ideology vindicated.

#14 KenH, Nov 25, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
  15. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not True

You see, I will be one of those who will be checking my mail box for the next four years.

I said a while back that I did not want Obama to fail, because it would hurt all of us. It's just that I am already seeing promises he made, be revised and placed on the back-burner of the political stove.

16. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry, but that doesn't square up with a lot of the other stuff that you have posted.

17. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just Check Out the Posts

Go back to my posts after the election and you will see that I was looking for Obama to succeed. I still don't like the guy, but, I won't stop praying for him, because he needs all the prayer we can muster up for him.

Just look under the history of my posts, and you will see my comments support my prayers for him to succeed for the good of all of us.:wavey:

18. OldRegular

Obviously Ken was not duped so what should we assume?

19. targus

targus New Member

I have no doubt that Obama will expand access to abortion - through signing the Freedom of Choice Act - by funding abortion - etc.

So even though your words say that you are pro-life your vote for Obama says otherwise.

20. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, yeah, yeah. Yada, yada, yada.

Time to go beddy bye. :sleeping_2: