1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VP Debate

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by saturneptune, Oct 11, 2012.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

How do you think the debate will turn out tonight?

2. Winman

Winman Active Member

I believe Biden will be used as an attack dog, he will make many inaccurate statements about Romney and his policies. He will also claim inaccuracies such as Obama creating millions of new jobs...

Biden is not always making mistakes, many of the inaccurate things he says are quite intentional.

Ryan needs to be prepared to answer any false statements. At the same time, he needs to come across friendly and likable.

We'll see, should be interesting.

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think Ryan will be perceived to be the winner, but not overwhelmingly so. I think Biden will attempt to bring up, on numerous occasions, the "47% of the people that are dependent on government" sound bite made last summer by Romney. I expect a big clash on how each candidate wants to treat Medicare and I expect Biden to lose that argument.

I would like nothing more than for Ryan to get Biden's hackles up and force him into saying something stupid. It would be too much to ask for Biden to cuss on national TV (again) but it would be nice!

Biden has the ability to ingratiate himself with people. He's the kind of guy that will chuckle with you while slapping you on the back; Ryan not so much. Ryan must take care not to look overly serious or make too many dire predictions about the economy.

I think that after this debate, coupled with last week's debate, the American people will see the Republican's as intelligent, enthusiastic, able, and with a workable plan, whereas they will see the Democrats as the girl/boy friend that they can't wait to dump and can't believe they ever dated in the first place.

4. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

If memory serves me correctly, I don't think that they're allowed to have notes tonight. That should up the entertainment factor by three.

5. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

I hope he brings up the 47% comment, because I'd love to hear Ryan respond saying, "Speaking of gaffs, lets talk about some of yours... "

6. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

Biden has some good experience to help him but he is a gaffe machine. I think he'll come out heavy with the lies and talking points. He won't say anything specific about their supposed plan. Ryan, learning from Romney, won't let Biden get away with the lies and he'll correct him and keep at it. This will fluster Biden and he'll start the gaffe machine rolling.

It's family night so I'll watch the debate online after the kids are in bed. It should be good with popcorn and a cold beer.