1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Vulgar

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Salamander, Oct 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL.Good one ED.With this shibboleth I shall not put up.

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Never? Unless you have to. :laugh:

3. rbell

rbell Active Member

This is the kind of silliness up with which I shall not put.

:D :D

4. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Misnomer: no one spoke that way as the KJB reads.

when one speaks of original inspired words your ideal holds true, but God's words are inspired in every tongue that holds them in the right context.

Determining the context with harmony in mind at least gives one the exact truth where the word of God is concerned.

So I understand what the Lord wants me to in English, but you demand that God cannot speak to me in Emnglish and i have to know Greek and Hebrew to know what the Lord actually says?:laugh:

How much is your class?

try limiting the grace of God... Oh, you already did!

47 is the right number btw.

Many I suppose, but who called you to judge Baptists?

You're really hung up on this "Anglican" bit, aren't you!

You're arguement is nothing more than an ideal you wave around, knowing the Original autographs do not exist.

God's words exist perfectly inspired to all generations in the way they maintain clarity coupled with harmony, context being the rule.

What you suggest is no opne has the inspired words of God and they vanished due to the lack of man's ability to keep them in material form. That ideal goes against too much about the atributes of God's abilities.

Since God created/ "bara"/ from nothing with nothing previously existing, He is perfectly able to have His words preserved in their inspired form to all generations, y'know, just like He said He would!:godisgood:

5. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Oh, Boy! You're confusing revision with editing.

How much have you paid him?

I see you offer nothing to vindicate yourself.

BTW, is this what it's all about, trying to get some one to abandon what they are already sure about?

[inflammatory remarks removed]

Did you mean "Laugh at the following examples?:laugh:

It's cold,so we should go in.Into what?
    We have much to be thankful for.For what?
    What are you talking about?If you actaully heard me you'd know, because I would have told you.
    Put this book where you got it from.Don't you mean back where you got it?
    Who are you writing to?On what?
    What are you looking at?Where am I looking?

That's what I like to amuse myself with; :)laugh: ) the way you talk to others in broken sentences in previous styles of conversation.

You're applying this to an excahnge of conversation where the ones speaking understand the theme and subject mater as to not cause confusion as to what, where, how, or why.

Show us all where broken English has ever been normal/correct English?:laugh:

Talking about vulgar!

OK, try explicitlyicity

#45 Salamander, Oct 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2008
  6. franklinmonroe

franklinmonroe Active Member

According to Mr. Grant Czerepak, the 'Director' of the relationary website Salamander cites (under 'Why: Purpose') --
    ... I am also an atheist and a secularist. I am of the opinion that religion must be legislated out of public life and restricted to personal life to preserve human rights. You are free to live according to your conscience, but you are not free to impose your conscience on anyone or at the expense of anyone. Religion and state must be completely separate.​

#46 franklinmonroe, Oct 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2008
  7. Salamander

Salamander New Member

And you also would object to a murderer leading the Hebrews out of Egypt!

8. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Also of note, you would not accept anything unless it comes from some one who agrees with you on everything. Nero would be quite satisifed with you on his council.:laugh:

9. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

May I suggest that you look in the mirror and repeat that?

10. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Yes, you may, but then you'd have to look in the mirror yourself.:laugh:

God's Word is the Mirror.

11. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All Scripture From TNIV

For the benefit of Sal I will give him James 1:22-25.

Do not merely listen to the word,and so deceive yourselves.Do what it says.Those who listen to the word but do not do what it says are like people who look at their faces in a mirror and,after looking at themselves,go away and immediately forget what they look like.But those who look intently into the perfect law that gives freedom and continue in it -- not forgetting what they have heard but doing it -- they will be blessed in what they do.

12. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Or, to be fair

But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers onely, receiuing your owne selues.
    For if any be a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like vnto a man beholding his naturall face in a glasse: For hee beholdeth himselfe, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what maner of man he was. But who so looketh into the perfect Law of libertie, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetfull hearer, but a doer of the worke, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

Notice how those two passages are different, but still the same?

13. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All Scripture Cited Is From The NLTse

Yeah,the KJV and TNIV renderings are indeed different yet still the same in actual meaning.

I guess that's from 1611.So "receiuing" was older English for deceiving?I must have one of those corrected King James Bibles -- it has "deceiving".

Here the passage is again in another form:

But don't just listen to God's word.You must do what it says.Otherwise,you are only fooling yourselves.For if you listen to the word and don't obey,it is like glancing at your face in a mirror.You see yourself,walk away,and forget what you look like.But if you look carefully into the perfect law that sets you free,and if you do what it says and don't forget what you heard,then God will bless you for doing it.

14. Salamander

Salamander New Member

I find this almost humorous!

I looked in the mirror this morning and told myself just how good-looking I really am. After awhile I realized I must have gotten even better looking as the day progressed because since then I combed my hair, brushed my teeth, etc.

The KJB gives a much better and more accurate view as to what a person should see in themselves so they might remain in perfect humility before the Lord by application of His word upon themselves, NOT as you'd like to apply His word: TO SOMEBODY ELSE!:tonofbricks:

#54 Salamander, Oct 22, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  15. Salamander

Salamander New Member

The manner of a man has much more to do with one's walk with God than his natural appearance.

Thank you for showing the GROSS ERROR of the version you offered!:wavey:

16. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

There is actually nothing funny about a man who cannot see himself as the Lord and others see him. It is quite sad.

17. Salamander

Salamander New Member

So now you're equating others with God in having the same abilities to look into men's hearts to fully know what their intentions are and observe any underlying motives normally hidden to the natural eye?:laugh:

The word of God IS the Mirror from which one must view himself and God allows that man to see himself exactly as God sees him.

[personal attack deleted]

#57 Salamander, Oct 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2008
  18. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Wow! I just don't know how to reply to you. It is a complete waste of time to try to reason with you. You are so completely blinded by your allegiance to a false doctrine that you put down other Christians with whom you differ with such comments.

19. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Once again I am forced by personal attacks to close a decent thread.

This time that attacks were one sided however :(.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.