1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wal-Mart Connect

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Artimaeus, Apr 29, 2003.

1. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

I tried the new Wal-Mart Connect ISP over the last few days. Cost $9.94/month vs $18.95 for local ISP.

PRO: Cost, 7 email accounts, Ease of use, Does what it says. (You just have to be careful about what it DOESN"T say) Good parental controls for younger kids

CON: Stripped down version of AOL, VERY poor Tech Support, can't import Favorites/Bookmarks or Email address book, poor parental controls for computer savvy older kids.

Overall: It is not bad if this is your first ISP but if you are used to a lot of features I'd pass.

Anyone else tried it?

2. Choosefaith

Choosefaith New Member

I think Wal-Mart Connect is pretty good for the price. It is very similar to Aol and compuserve. It does have some minor flaws but nothing huge. I have had poor connections at time with the first dial up number but usually it is good enough. It is aol compatible(Screen name Messenger) so you can chat with aol friends. I did a free trial with them and I would pick Wal-mart Connect over Aol any day. Why Pay 21.95?