1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wal-Mart Watch

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by gb93433, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Don't forget, Costco is member-only warehouse store. Customers pay an annual membership fee ($45 for households; $100 for small businesses) for the privilege of shopping there; in turn, Costco keeps prices low by servicing only paid members, eliminating the frills, buying and selling only a select set of goods in volume, and refraining from advertising.

You can't compare Walmart to Costco. Walmart to Sam's club, yes. But a Walmart/Costco comparison is apples and oranges.

2. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Don't forget, Costco is member-only warehouse store. Customers pay an annual membership fee ($45 for households; $100 for small businesses) for the privilege of shopping there; in turn, Costco keeps prices low by servicing only paid members, eliminating the frills, buying and selling only a select set of goods in volume, and refraining from advertising.

You can't compare Walmart to Costco. Walmart to Sam's club, yes. But a Walmart/Costco comparison is apples and oranges.
    </font>[/QUOTE]You are right. There is a huge difference in the quality of products and benefits afforded the employees at Sams and Costco.

For a business card Costco reimburses the 100 dollars if the person does not get enough back in a 2% rebate. I know. When I left CA and moved to the midwest I got back every penny I was not given back toward the 100 dollars in a 2% rebate.

About 4 months ago I went to Sams and got a price on some tires. Sams was about 75 percent more than Costco for a similar tire of the same brand. Costco had a better tire for much less. There was almost 200 dollars difference. Sams has a membership price too.