1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Walk to Emmaus

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by North Carolina Tentmaker, Jan 30, 2007.

1. donnA

donnA Active Member

All I know is it's called the Jesus song, we alsways sang it when we were inline for communion.

2. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

This one?

Jesus, Jesus,
    Can I tell You how I am feeling?
    You have given me Your Spirit,
    I love you so...

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

thats the one tp

4. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

We do that one at Candlelight.

5. North Carolina Tentmaker

I guess there are some differences from community to community. I do not remember that song at all, now I feel like I missed something. I don't remember singing while in line for communion I thought we were silent then. They could have been singing that at candlelight, I don't remember. By that point I was so blown away I could not tell you what was being sung. I was too busy weeping to sing myself.

We did sing the DeColores song of course and lots of other praise choruses.

6. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

You didn't miss a thing. When you go back, there will be a LOT of things you'll say, "hey, we did that?" about.

I remember thinking everyone at Candlelight was dressed in white. I think it was a vision.

7. North Carolina Tentmaker

ok, now you are scaring me. You are the second person who has told me they were not all dressed in white. I remember them being dressed in white. I need to go ask someone who was there.

8. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

9. North Carolina Tentmaker

Hey, I am resurrecting this thread because I realized it has been over a year now since my walk. Wow, time flies.

A lot of people told me it would wear off. Well my wife says I don’t have that glazed over look anymore and stopped talking funny [meaning that I was praising God all the time, that really irritates her:praying: ], but no I still feel the same. God has really blessed me and changed my life during my walk.

I have been back a couple times now to serve on other walks and I am sponsoring my first pilgrim next month. We have an amazing God and this program is an amazing way to know him better.

Anyone out there with the opportunity to go, Go, you won’t regret it.

10. VentureForth

VentureForth New Member

At the risk of opening up an old thread, I wanted to share that I just recently attended Tres Dias. I can't speak for Cursillo or any of its spinoffs like Walk to Emmaus, but this was a life changer for me.

No secret rituals or calls to any other diety. Only secrets are spoilers. I encourage anyone who has been sponsored to attend to take up the offer.

Yes - there were emotional aspects. Isn't there in Church on Sunday? Is it wrong for the Holy Spirit to invoke those same emotions that God created us with? But it was hardly an "emotional experience". In fact, I'll say that my life came crashing down around me the day after I got back. Past sins came to light - sins that I've repented from and turned away from long ago. My wife hadn't gone through yet and threatened to leave me. It was the rememberance that there is no sin greater than Christ's grace that allowed me to man up and take responsibilities for my actions. My wife just returned from her journey two days ago and again our world came crashing down on us.

This happens when Satan doesn't like us turning to God for everything through Christ. There is little need for Satan to torment a timid soul, but the hearty soul threatens his grasp.

My biggest regret is that so few can attend at a time. As for being sponsored to go, the reason is because of the behind the scenes work that goes into sponsoring a person or couple to go. You really need to be sponsored by someone who knows you well.

Finally, with regards to the separation of men and women, I don't look at it as separation at all. I will always say that my wife and I attended Tres Dias "together" but two weeks apart. Different themes, different people, different everything, but the same studies. The same Spirit. The same blessing.

If ANYONE wants to know what we did on my weekend, I'll be happy to share. I'll tell anyone anything about the three days. But I'll discourage you from asking. Only because I would hate to spoil the surprise.

What North Carolina Tentmaker says is often repeated - if you enjoyed the experience, you can't wait to serve!

De Colores! (And, no, there is no further meaning in that other than it's a silly chicken song)

#70 VentureForth, Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2012
  11. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:

Can remember something like that myself ... long ago ... the weeping.

Christ promised us another Lord's Supper on the Earth-made-New.

No weeping then!