1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WALKING IN THE SPIRIT

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Claudia_T, May 24, 2006.

1. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Hebrews 8:10-12
    10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
    11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
    12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Claudia, this passage that you keep referring to cannot apply absolutely to this present age. The fact that you are saved does not mean that all your neighbors know the Lord, it also does not mean that God's laws are automatically written in your heart. I think in the ages to come, this will be 100% fact. But right now, this is something that we can only see by faith. There is a day when God will put His laws in our minds and write them in our hearts, and we won't be able to sin any more, praise His name!

We have an opportunity in this life to live by faith, reckoning these things to be so. We can absolutely take these truths for fact now in this life, and walk in them, if we can see them by faith. But like JJump says, that doesn't mean every believer will do it. Without faith it is impossible to please God. Start your Christian life with the notion that no one ever overcomes sin in this life and see how successfull you will be at it. We do need to get rid of those weights. But everything must be built on the foundation of Christ and Him crucified for our sins while we were yet sinners. And once on that foundation, then we can begin to build.