1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wall St.: "Democrats are going to win"

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by The Galatian, Sep 15, 2006.

1. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

2. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Democrats have been raising more money through PAC's than Republicans for some time . . .

Hence, they are moving to the bloggers, because the MSM is not liberal enough . . .

ironic.

3. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Money talks of course. What's surprising is that a traditionally GOP money source is now betting on the democrats.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hope this prediction is correct.

5. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

Why? I thought you wanted the Libertarians to win? Why do you now want the Democrats to win?

***in my best "stoner" voice***

Stop messing with my mind, man.:confused:

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You and I both know that the Libertarians are not going to win. There's not even a Libertarian Party line on my Arkansas state ballot.

I figure if at least one house of Congress is controlled by the Democrats that it will put the brakes on the neocons' plans to start a war with Iran.

7. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Clearly, on party running everything is a disaster. It's time for a change, even if it's just switching clowns.

8. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

I hate to aggree with you . . . clowns it is . . . vote in the _____ . . .

We really need old fashioned politicians - the ones that were against abortion and told the truth . . .

They probably left the day the music died.

9. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Normally, I would think this would be a good thing, as the entire democrat party platform seems to be, "It doesn't matter what you vote for, as long as it's the opposite of the republicans." Stalemate can be a good thing. However, with the current crop, I see a group that is not going to try to shut down the GOP, but try to outdo them, and I think it will be disastrous.

10. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Some of it could be related to a lot of previous GOP donors electing not to contribute to the cause this year. This is the first year I've refused to send them a check in many years, in spite of pleas from a very capable caller.