1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

War on Terror?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Craigbythesea, Feb 11, 2006.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "America goes not abroad in search of monsters to destroy." - John Quincy Adams

2. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, to defend our constitution, our country.

"America is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own." - John Quincy Adams
    </font>[/QUOTE]==You are ignoring the larger point I am raising. Sadly I am not surprised. Most who promote a premature pull out don't want to face the results of their policy. [​IMG]

You quote Adams. I wonder what he would say if he knew this country had started a war and then, because it got tough, ran away like a pack of cowards? I would what he would say if he knew we did not care about the lives of millions of people who our war, and premature pull out, would hurt? He would not be proud.

Btw I agree with Adams. If I were president we would never have gone into Iraq. However we have started this and now we must, we must, finish it.

Martin.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war." - John Adams

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wisely or unwisely we took Saddam Hussein out of power and have already spent almost three years and gallons and gallons of American blood and hundreds of billions of taxpayer dollars to put the Iraqis on the road to democracy. It is now up to them to preserve what our armed forces have given them, and to expand upon it.

5. Salamander

Salamander New Member

"Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war." - John Adams </font>[/QUOTE]John Adams isn't God and neither is a war on terrorism unnecessary. It may be to your advantage to look at the pictures from 9/11 again?

All you're doing is playing the part islam would have you to. Attack our Commander in Chief and fail to realize that islam is attempting to take the world by force!

If John Adams were alive today, he would probably smack you upside the ead for attacking our President for standing firm against a foreign invader.

6. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Wisely or unwisely we took Saddam Hussein out of power and have already spent almost three years and gallons and gallons of American blood and hundreds of billions of taxpayer dollars to put the Iraqis on the road to democracy. It is now up to them to preserve what our armed forces have given them, and to expand upon it. </font>[/QUOTE]Yes, and you'd be the one to kill one lion and leave the children in the jungle for all the other lions to devour.

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) Iraq was not involved in the attacks on 9/11/2001.

2) Iraq has never invaded the United States.

[ February 11, 2006, 05:15 PM: Message edited by: KenH ]

8. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wisely or unwisely we took Saddam Hussein out of power and have already spent almost three years and gallons and gallons of American blood and hundreds of billions of taxpayer dollars to put the Iraqis on the road to democracy. It is now up to them to preserve what our armed forces have given them, and to expand upon it. </font>[/QUOTE]==And you continue to ignore the point.

Martin.

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, I am not. I think there should be a limit on how much our men and women in uniform and the American taxpayers should pay for President Bush's error in judgment. Thousands of Iraqis have also paid for Mr. Bush's error in judgment and more Iraqis will pay for his error in judgment regardless of how long we stay in Iraq or how soon we withdraw from Iraq.

If we don't stabilize Iraq in the next two years then I must seriously doubt that we will ever do so.

10. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==I find that statement morally troubling.

11. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==So we just pull out allowing millions of Iraqi's to fall into slavery, fear, and violent death? Your position makes no sense. On one hand you say that people have suffered enough on the other hand you promote a theory that will cause millions to suffer (in a even worse way).

Martin.

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Martin, unless you are saying that you want U.S. blood and treasure committed to Iraq for as long as this present earth stands, then even you will reach a point where you advocate bringing our troops home from Iraq.

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If we go economically bankrupt(which your open-ended commitment would likely lead us to) then we really won't be of much use to the Iraqi people.

14. Salamander

Salamander New Member

1) Iraq was not involved in the attacks on 9/11/2001.

2) Iraq has never invaded the United States.
    </font>[/QUOTE]You would be quite a fool to continue to believe that.

Ties between saddam and alqaida have been exposed for years now. It is not whether or not saddam had invaded, it is that he would have if he were able.

Even if it weren't for the evidences that saddam was working with them, it is still worth it all to see justice served against a tyrant just as it will soon be to serve justice upon Iran as soon as they ask for it hard enough!

You can play this skint chicken game all you want, but if we don't move forward with this war on terror, as is justified, and it is! We will see one or more of our cities engulfed in a radioactive killing cloud. I cannot believe anyone can be so blind to the facts!!!

15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) There is no substantive evidence of such a connection.

2) I seriously doubt that Iraq could move an army from Iraq to the United States. Iraq doesn't have the navy to do such.

3) Yes, we should defend our soil from terrorism. Invading Iraq had nothing to do with that goal. You have been misled by the Bush administration, as I was, to believe such. My eyes have been opened to the truth. I urge everyone who was misled to do the same.

16. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I’m inclined to believe that the same people who want to call it a game and whine that we should skip and run would be the same ones screaming the loudest that we didn’t do enough after their own city got attacked and some of their loved ones where killed. It ain’t no game, it’s dealing with the reality of what’s coming our way if we don’t head it off.

17. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Benjamin, I think you are right. Our leaders are in a no win situation. Whatever they do, someone is going to be upset and complaining.

18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's why this mistake of invading Iraq is so serious, Benjamin. The Bush administration took its eyes off the ball and failed to finish off al Qaeda in Afghanistan when it should have done so.

19. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Sounds to me like a lot of people never served in the military. It is quite easy to critize and express opinions either way when there is no sacrifice to be made. Those that have experienced battle look at things from a different perspective than those who stick a flag on a car and drive down the interstate, or those who sing the National Anthem at a ball game. It is quite different when the largest sacrifice is expressing on opinion. Freedom comes with a price. What have has anyone here done to preserve it?

20. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) My brother served in Vietnam.
    2) My brother-in-law served in Vietnam.
    3) I have a grandnephew currently serving in Iraq.
    4) I am a U.S. taxpayer providing my nephew and his fellow armed forces personnel with equipment, body armour, munitions, supplies, etc.