1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WARNING: Don't buy Roboform

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by SpiritualMadMan, Nov 21, 2008.

1. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

I used to think Roboform was the best thing since sliced bread for storing all those extra Passwords in an encrypted system...

Well, that was until I had problems with using the backup...

1. You have to go online and have a live connection with Roboform Server to Activate your purchase...

2. The Servers logs your install information and decrements your license count.

3. The Activation is *_NOT_* stored in Roboforms local files and can not be backed up.

This means that if your Flash Drive is lost or corrupted your backup wityh the non-default profile can not be used until you contact Roboform and wait for their Tech Support to put you back in their system...

Obviously if you need a password and can't contact Roborform through you work connection you are just out of luck....

Workaround:
    The default Profile only stores 10 Login Password combinations...

Store the Password you use all the time in the default profile. Create a password protected Safenotes to store the infrequently used Passwords...

Fortunately, I have been doing that and can copy the Safe Note file from the "Paid" profile over to the Default Profile and access the Password I can no longer Autofill...

Why can't they be like Beyond Compare and **TRUST** the one legitimate user for unlimited single user working copies?????

Mike Sr.
    BTW Roboform also shows up as Adware in many Scanners....

That's because the Free version tries to sell you the Pro Version....