1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Warren has an agenda that doesn't include preaching about sin

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by matt wade, Apr 8, 2009.

1. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

http://www.newsweek.com/id/46365/page/6

It's a pretty wishy washy answer.

2. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I agree it sounds pretty ecumenical, but it is not support for the charge that has been brought against him.

#63 webdog, Apr 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2009
  4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Curious...how many OT saints knew the "name of Jesus"?

Also, does an Alzheimers believer remain saved based on the "conscience" of salvation?

5. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

Many of them did know Christ, met with Him, saw Him, and so forth. But that is neither here nor there

I would say that if someone loses their mind and knew Christ prior too, then they remain saved, why wouldn't they? Having had two grandparents, one with it and one who has passed on having had it; both never forgot God nor Jesus.

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I agree they knew He was the Redeemer and Lord...but did they know "the name of Jesus", which brought the charge of heretic from Mr. RB?

7. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

They used Angel of the Lord or Son of God, and not Christ.

8. ReformedBaptist

The Gospel has been preached from day 1.

I have no idea about the second part. The bible doesn't teach on Alzeimers. A true Christian cannot be finally lost. The Bible does teach that.

Also, your reply ignored or didn't address the evidence that was provided. So I will just ask you point blank: Do you agree or disagre with Graham in his comments?

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

That's not what I asked. Did the OT saints know the Messiah's name would be Jesus?
    You said conscience love is needed...and Alzheimers robs it's victims of this many times.
    I believe my questions are the answers.

10. ReformedBaptist

I believe my response answers your questions. So there it is. You believe you questions are answers, and I believe my answers are answers. :laugh:

11. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Re the OT saints. They believed in the true God who was revealed to them. That was the Trinitarian God - always has been - even though they did not know the name of Jesus.

Once Jesus incarnated, and proclaimed himself, and became known, this was the "mystery" not known before but now is known (acc. to the Bible), and therefore, one must know Christ actually to be saved. Acts 4:12 tells us this.

I reject inclusivism, which says that people today can be saved without knowing the name or person of Jesus Christ. It's tricky, because they say that all are saved through Christ alone and that Jesus is the only way, but what they mean is that people are saved by Jesus without necessarily knowing him, or even by knowing him through other (non-Christian) religions.

Christian Universal Reconciliation also has the same idea - we can only be saved by Christ but it will happen after death if we don't believe now.

So the acid test is no longer: Do you believe that Jesus is the only way to heaven? Inclusivists and Christian Reconciliationists will say "yes."

The question should be: Do you believe one must trust and know the historical Christ by name to be saved?

#71 Marcia, Apr 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2009
  12. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Truth isn't relative...you didn't answer the questions :)

13. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is beyond dispute that Warren said what he did to ingratiate himself with Sodom. Probe his exact words and reinterpret them all you want, there is no escaping this conclusion.

14. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

And there is always a group of people who will misconstrue the truth no matter what is said.

15. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

Does he have to do that after every sermon in which he preaches about a particular sin too? Or since he never preaches against sin, he doesn't have to worry about apologizing?

16. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

What chapter and verse of the PDL translation did you get that information from?

17. ReformedBaptist

Truth isn't relative? Are you sure?

lol

Silly statement. When you give answers I will too.

18. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Please show me where I've misconstued the truth. You've stated that the media took his statements wrong and that he never equated gay marriage with incest and pedophilia. I've provided his own statements that show he did equate them. Why do you continue to ignore that?

19. John Toppass

John Toppass Active Member
    Site Supporter

I have not listened enough to RW to know all his doctrine and teachings. I have heard him declare that Jesus Christ was the only way to heaven. I have heard him say that only Christians will be in heaven.

I am astounded by the way some twist his words to define him as a heretic. If you do not care for the way he preaches then fine but don't take his words out of context and lie about what the man says!

Oh yeah, he is human and just like any other human he can and will fall, but he is a brother in Christ so pick him up when he falls.

Some of us need to remember we will be judged by the way we judge. I feel real sorry for some folks. My prayers are with all our brothers and sisters during this special season.

20. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Aaron...

And maybe the reason he does this is because he DOESNT want to come across like some kind of "GOD HATES FAGS" type, but rather as someone who cares about people trapped in that sinful lifestyle and wants them to actually LISTEN to the truth about homosexuality, rather than immedietly turn away.

:godisgood: