1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Was Faith a Gift?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by preacher4truth, Jan 14, 2011.

1. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

When then did He give us the Law? When we could not. That's when. :) He gave it to those who could not keep it.

Forest? Trees?

It's nice you want to imply I'm lost.

2. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I agree and have stated such. However i also have satated that we can refuse the offer.

3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I used to be a logger. Again tell us all which commandment you cannot keep or are you saying you CAN keep them today?

4. preacher4truth

When did HE give them the law?

You're plainly incorrect when you say "when did He give us something we could not obey?"

Clearly I answered you: When He gave us the 10 Commandments.

When did He give the Law?

Did He give it to those who could not keep it? Yes or no?

If your answer is yes, then Christ died in vain fellow.

Now get to answering this and I'll answer you.

Yes or no.

5. preacher4truth

How did you ever find the trees?

You have a question to answer. Quit avoiding it, then we'll move on. Swallow your pride. You are clearly incorrect.

:)

6. Winman

Winman Active Member

You are a poor reader. I said it is your doctrine that teaches God wastes his time, the doctrines of grace. And it does, it clearly teaches that God calls men whom God knows cannot respond. That would be like me going out in my yard and telling a tree to jump up and down. Not only would that be a waste of time, but anybody who saw me would likely believe me drunk or suffering some mental disorder.

But you see no problem with this doctrine at all. Wow.

7. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Winman, glad you are not "running along". :)

8. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

None of them.

But the fact of the matter is that God commands us to keep ALL OF THEM ALL OF THE TIME and if we ever offend in ONE POINT we are guilty of all.

Since Scripture is clear that there is none that doeth good and all are sinners it is very simple to deduce that no man can keep all the commandments all of the time.

Therefore, God commands us to do what he knows we cannot do.

Why?

To prove our sinfulness- Paul said that sin might appear sin.
    That's why God gave us the law.

So yes, God does indeed command us to do what we cannot do for his own purposes.

9. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

But God is a God of logic- he set the laws of logic when he built the universe. Being illogical is not commendable or spiritual.

But greater than that is the fact that you do not have any Bible for this idea that man can throw off the rule of God (Sovereignty). THAT is human logic, flawed human logic- it is NOT from the Word of God.

10. preacher4truth

Winman, you're a master at avoiding the obvious, tucking tail and running, accusing, fabricating, making false statements, failing to document your own statements that you claim others have allegedly (reformed said this and that) falsified hypotheses that you use to back up your theories, which are unfounded.

When you are confronted directly to answer directly, you fold like a cheap walmart lawn chair.

This is the person you are.

It is unfortunate really. Many see you this way. I watched them say this about you, gave you the benefit of the doubt when I first joined here only to find they are in fact correct.

Either answer the questions or stay where you are with your tail tucked and let the men who aren't afraid to tell and fight for truth answer. Perhaps sitting back and watching will help you to grow.

No more lying statements from you about me. I've had enough of it. If you can't back up your fabrications, keep your tongue in check.

I'm here to learn and engage in facts, not in fabrications. Learn to tell the truth.

Enough said.

#70 preacher4truth, Jan 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2011
  11. preacher4truth

Luke2427 I am still awaiting freeatlast to answer when God gave these 10 commandments, when we could or could not keep them.

If He gave them when we could, then Christ died in vain. But may it never be!

He directly said God never gave, would never give, us something we could not keep.

Bologna. Failure to see He in fact has fails to see God in all He is and in all truth and in all His glory. It is an inaccurate view of Him otherwise.

I proved him wrong. And the 10 commandments are not the only thing He gave which we could not keep.

Still waiting on his admission. Men admit. Others run and avoid.

I'll have some respect for him when he answers and realizes he's wrong. Otherwise we are not really and truly dealing in truth and light, but lies, cover-ups and darkness.

Plain fact.

12. Cypress

Cypress New Member

I will offer a seemingly simple, but very complex reply. Can not and will not are not the same. :love2:

13. Winman

Winman Active Member

No, all that you can deduce is that all men fail to keep his commandments.

Luke, you have two possibilities here. The first is that man is able to keep God's commandments. If this is so, then God's commands are reasonable, and he is just to punish a man who disobeys.

The second is that man cannot keep his commandments. If this is so, and God knows it, then his commands are unreasonable and even worse, unjust. It is unjust to punish a man for what he cannot help but do, especially if God himself caused this sinful nature.

So which is it, is God reasonable and just, or unreasonable and unjust?

14. preacher4truth

freeatlast said God would never give us something we could not keep.

Could not keep.

Get it?

He in fact did: The 10 Commandments.

Your reply is not nearly complex. It's rather simple. And off track.

I asked freeatlast to answer, not you. This isn't about you.

15. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

No they could have kept it, but chose not to.

16. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Not correct. Can't keep them and does not keep them is different. one is lack of ability and the other is lack of desire. Yes God IS proving we are sinners, but not by commands that cannot be kept, but rather with commands that can be kept and are not. Man choses not to keep the commandments. Those who practice that are lost. 1John 3

#76 freeatlast, Jan 14, 2011
  17. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

God is a God of wisdom and does what He does by self determination through faith ,not logic.

18. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

He is the eternal "Logos"- study that word in a good lexicon.

And you say nothing here to undermine the idea that God made us as logical creatures and ordained the laws of logic.

Neither did you say anything about the fact that God's Word does not teach what you are asserting, and that it most certainly does declare that God is in control of ALL THINGS at ALL TIMES.

You did not even address these things.

19. Cypress

Cypress New Member

Very smug response preacher..........sorry If I spoiled something by replying. Again, if I miss the etiquette here, my apologies.
    I get could not keep just fine. Do you get would not keep? I maintain it to be complex because there are a great many things that the difference would affect. If you wanna consider it simple that is fine with me.:love2:

20. Winman

Winman Active Member

I will agree with Luke that God is logical, but his doctrine is not.

Calvinists freely admit God calls all men, although they believe the unelect are called with a "general" call. This is not the "effectual" call that will always result in salvation.

This general call is not sincere, but no Calvinist would ever admit this. They will lay the fault on the man, saying he is dead and incapable of responding to this call.

Is this logical? Is it logical to ask a dead person for anything and expect a response?

Nevertheless, if the spiritually dead are unable to respond to God, then God is very illogical to call them.

#80 Winman, Jan 14, 2011