1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Was I mean spirited to this evangelism director?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

This thread is simply more evidence of your need to grow in grace.

Paul said in Philippians 1:12-18

Now I want you to know, brothers, that what has happened to me has actually resulted in the advance of the gospel, so that it has become known throughout the whole imperial guard, and to everyone else, that my imprisonment is in the cause of Christ. Most of the brothers in the Lord have gained confidence from my imprisonment and dare even more to speak the message fearlessly. To be sure, some preach Christ out of envy and strife, but others out of good will. These do so out of love, knowing that I am appointed for the defense of the gospel; the others proclaim Christ out of rivalry, not sincerely, seeking to cause me anxiety in my imprisonment. What does it matter? Just that in every way, whether out of false motives or true, Christ is proclaimed. And in this I rejoice. Yes, and I will rejoice.

"In your face" evangelism is not the only way to do it. God has not placed his stamp of approval on Ray Comfort's methods an more than on your friend's methods. If he is seeing fruit from his ministry then you should rejoice. If you can't then you should do the godly thing, pray for him and keep your mouth shut.

2. Monster

Monster New Member

For what it's worth, you've expressed my thoughts exactly. Great point, graceful post and biblical ta'boot!

This could be applied to so many posts, so many positions and if understood, could quell so much division and strife...particularly here ion the BB.

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

If one has the responsibility for the leadership of any Christian ministry, I would highly suggest you keep your nose to the grindstone in the responsibility of that ministry and keep it out of others.