1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Was Judas ever saved

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Kay, Aug 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

The word "lost" in John 17 means perish.

The same word used in John 3:16.

Satan means "the accuser"

2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Judas was never saved and Jesus made it clear that he was lost. That's why I gave you the definition of lost. (perish, damned)

How you came to the conclusion he was saved is beyond me.

3. skypair

skypair Active Member

Dear Accountable --- those are examples of Christ, the Spirit, and God retreiving BELIEVERS WHO ARE BACKSLIDDEN.

And you might notice -- unless it gets in the way of your theology -- that none of them was brought back from hell.

skypair

4. skypair

skypair Active Member

It appears that it gives a sliver of hope to those believers who are themselves hopelessly backslidden. Wouldn't it be great if we could all teach error without being shipwrecked ourselves?

skypair

5. Accountable

Accountable New Member

Concerning Satan...... you only put in part of the definition. It also means the devil; - Satan.

Why just put part when you worked so hard to give us all of the other definition????

Concerning lost..... The same word is used in John 17 AND in the Parables of Luke 15. So I again await how you get the prodigal saved, unsaved, and saved again.

6. Accountable

Accountable New Member

I must appologize again! I thought this post came from Amy. If I have falsely judge something that Amy does not believe, I am sorry as we are yet to be sure of where she stands.

But you said Judas is lost (not saved) because Jesus said so. Jesus said the prodigal was lost too. Why change your stance here?
    Seems as if your systematic thesis should work the same way for the parables or do you pick and choose what helps you attempt to plug the holes in your false doctrines?

#86 Accountable, Aug 23, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2007
  7. npetreley

npetreley New Member

John 6:64 "But there are some of you who do not believe.” For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who would betray Him.

8. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I see the prodigal as a picture of all of us in our lost state before coming to Christ. We were God's (like an innocent infant) until we sinned and turned against Him (like Adam and the prodigal) Christ died to redeem us, to buy us back for God. We come to Him with a broken heart and spirit just like the prodigal, knowing that we do not deserve anything.

But, if you don't repent and turn to God, you will remain in that lost state, just like Judas.

Luk 15:7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.
    Luk 15:10 Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.

That is the way that I see it.

9. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Jesus came to seek and save the lost. If the "lost" are already saved, He was wasting His time.

10. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

How can you NOT know where I stand??

Judas was LOST.....forever.

That is where I stand.

11. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Amen!..........

12. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Good one. The one who betrayed Him, did not believe. He was also a thief.

13. Cutter

Cutter New Member

Jesus chose the twelve which included His betrayer.
    "I speak not of you all: I know whom I have chosen: but that the scripture may be fulfilled, He that eateth bread with me hath lifted up his heel against me."

Judas was a thief.
    " Then saith one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon's [son], which should betray him,
    Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor?
    This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein."

Doesn't sound like a man that was interested in healing people, as some mentioned of him in prior post.

He was chosen lost, lived lost, and died lost.

You can make no comparison between Judas and Peter regarding salvation.
    Peter was rebuked in conversation. Judas was called out in idleness.
    Case closed.

14. Accountable

Accountable New Member

If this is the thesis you give for the prodigal son you have an even grater problem........WHERE IS THE "SALVATION" OF THE ELDER BROTHER?
    Surely he is or was just as lost as His Brother? Does your theology only elect half, and the other half have no need for "salvation?"

We do not see him being lost at all?

15. Accountable

Accountable New Member

Concerning the parables Amy, concerning the Parables.

Since I've read your last blog I know where you stand as pertains to the parables...... in the shifting sands.

16. skypair

skypair Active Member

"Lost" is the parabolic sense, Accountable. You aren't going to learn anything from God if you can't observe the manner in which the words are given.

You are forgiven for making those last remarks in ignorance.

skypair

17. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

The parable doesn't say that the older brother was lost.

Why do want to accuse me of having a weird theology when yours is about as weird and unscriptural as it can get?

I thought this thread was about Judas, not the prodigal. Did the subject change?

18. Accountable

Accountable New Member

The subject shifted when you used the Word Lost.

Now you just stated that the elder brother wasn't lost. In your terminologt of lost, I thought that all are lost?

Why is he so special? Are you teaching us that some are now perfect?

Your reasoning is that the prodigal shows us as babies, as unbelievers, and then as saved. Would the elder brother not be held to the same standards.

One cannot be have double standards in a scripture that is so clear.

You say I am weird. I guess that could be good. We are to be a seperate people.

19. standingfirminChrist

It is how the Mercy Eliminated work. change the subject once in a while to bring confusion.

20. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Also, it takes the attention off the fact that their doctrines were just defeated once again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.