1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Was Judas saved?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Kay, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: Speaking of a lesson in futility. Imagine, a God that knows the beginning from the end, only choosing some from the beginning, calling out to those He knows full well do not have even the least possibility of salvation, having not been chosen.

Limited atonement makes a mockery of any semblance of the justice Scripture clearly states that is an attribute of our God.

2. Cutter

Cutter New Member

Those chosen are not the only ones that can be saved.
    All of the called have the ability to be saved.
    There is just a preference in the case of the chosen ones where God has a special ministry for them.

"Whosoever shall call upon the Name of the Lord shall be saved"

Not everyone has a road to Damascus experience. Paul was a chosen vessel to bear the Name of the Lord unto the Gentiles. Is God not entitled to choose whom He will to perform His will in their lives for the greater good of mankind. In choosing Paul God saved one of the most knowledgeable, passionate, committed men of faith that has ever lived. Thank God for his missionary journeys and the letters that he wrote to the believers in the cities where he was sent that make of most of the NT.

When I preach the invitation is extended to everyone that hears the Gospel. I'm sure the Gospel pricks their heart and salvation is made available to them. Whether they act on it or not is up to them, but I don't think they can accuse God of not calling and making the offer. When they appear before the judgment they will be left without excuse.

3. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: I liked your post with one possible exception. I have always looked at those that are chosen (speaking about salvation) as those that have willingly fulfilled the conditions of salvation God has set forth. In this light I would say one has to be chosen to be saved.

When you use the word chosen in light of special ministry, I can see why you would also say that those chosen are not the only ones saved. I suppose the context of the verse using the word ‘chosen’ would have to be carefully examined.