1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Was Judas saved?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Kay, Aug 27, 2007.

1. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

SFC,

This is your own logical.

Bible tells us, Judas was a truly "disciple" and "apostle". Clear, he was saved at the first place when he was called by Christ. But, later afterward, he fell and betryal, he became lost and already lost in hell.

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

2. Kay

Kay New Member

Thank you for all the good thoughts brought here.

Acts 1:25
    25 That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place.
    KJV

If he was not saved then what did he fall from?

3. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

1. You need to address John 17:9, 12. Why didn't Jesus intercede for him? Why did Jesus say he kept all those the Father has given to him?

2. If Judas was given to Jesus he would not be the son of perdition (John 6:37, 39). No one the Father gives to the Son, the Son loses. No one.

4. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

The text you quoted says that he fell from his ministry and apostleship.

5. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

Understand, John 17:12 is speak of Christ's power to secure them(disciples) none of them that Christ lost, except the son of perdition, that the scriptures will be fulfilled. Same with John 10:27-29 promise us, no one included Satan can pluck just person out of Christ's hand LONG AS just person is continue follow Christ same. John 6:66 tells us, all of disciples were astray away from Christ. But, Christ knew they will repent back afterward, but Judas refused repent back to Christ right now, he repented himself and hnaged up himself to death. So, therefore, Judas stopped follow Christ at his death is lost in hell forever and ever.

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

6. Kay

Kay New Member

But Judas was an apostle. How can you be an apostle if you are not saved?

7. standingfirminChrist

Even the Roman soldiers (certainly not saved) who crucified Jesus, mocking Him while He hung on the cross were used by God. They gambled at His feet for the garments that were on the Lord.

And this was to fulfill prophecy.. God does use the lost for His purpose just as He used that lost Apostle Judas for His purpose

8. Linda64

Linda64 New Member

Do you believe that all preachers who are in church pulpits are saved?

9. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

1. Jesus does not say that. Rather, His sheep, because they are His, "Hear His voice, and I know them and they follow Me" (v.26).

2. The Bible says MANY, not ALL (John 6:66).

10. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

From his own steadfastness.

11. Kay

Kay New Member

Hi Linda
    You said
    Do you believe that all preachers who are in church pulpits are saved?

No I don't but the problem I am having understanding this is Judas was a chosen apostle.

12. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: What are you saying here? Were the actions of the soldiers and Judas nothing more than the coerced plan of God, those you mentioned unable to do anything other than to carry out God’s plan?

13. standingfirminChrist

God uses certain of those who are lost for His purpose.

14. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: So Judas and the soldiers were really doing nothing but obeying God?

15. standingfirminChrist

God knows the heart. God knew that ultimately Pharaoh would turn against God's people, so He hardened his heart.

I believe had Judas and those particular soldiers not been used for the purpose they were used, they ultimately would have still died in their sins.

Even Pilate, used of God, turned Jesus over to be crucified. He said he found not fault in Him and washed his hands in a basin, yet condemned the Son of God to death.

I believe Pilate is still wishing he could wash that blood off his hands.

16. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: Is it a sin to do something that is nothing more than carrying out the pre-planned purpose of God? I am wondering if you believe they voluntarily carried out their actions or if in fact they could do no other, being as you say ‘they were being used for God’s purposes?’

17. Kay

Kay New Member

But did Judas not have powers to cast out demons? I think that is the difference here. He healed the sick and cast out demons.

I hope I am not too much of a bother!

18. standingfirminChrist

Did he cast out demons? He was with the other eleven when Jesus gave the command, but I cannot find a verse that says he specifically cast out demons.

The closest I can find is this verse:

But Judas was not part of the seventy. For at the beginning of the Chapter we read:

It is true that the 12 Disciples worked healings. We see this in Chapter 9. But they could not cast out devils. Chapter 9:40 states:

19. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

The Bible tells us what Judas fell from, "to occupy this ministry and apostleship from which Judas turned aside to go to his own place" (Acts 1:25). I didn't make it up. This is what the Bible says. Judas fell from his ministry and apostleship.

20. standingfirminChrist

Agreed. It was his apostleship that Judas fell. Not from steadfastness. Had he been steadfast, he would not have fell.

Judas was not saved.