1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Was sin foreordained and pre-determined by God

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Robert Snow, Nov 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your hedging...but thats to be expected. but I can understand your postings better now that I understand the guy posting. Augustine said that man, having lost his free will badly in the Fall, lost both himself & his will. The will is free of righteousness, but enslaved to sin. It is free to turn away from God, but not to come toward Him. Of course, this you will ignore as you have ignored so much in your own life already.

I repeat though that it is a matter of grace from beginning to end, otherwise salvation would not be entirely of God. Then God's honor would be diminished and human beings would be able to boast in heaven. Any view that leads to such consequences must be wrong, for God has declared: "It is by grace you have been saved, through faith---and not from yourselves, it is a gift of God--not, by works, so that no one can boast" (Eph. 2:8-9)

2. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I am hedging? You are denying! Augustine who? How about the word of God! You claim you got saved before you had faith. That is impossible. No one can be saved without faith.
    Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:

No faith, no salvation, no exceptions and Augustine who ever is not relevant.

#142 freeatlast, Nov 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2011
  3. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is pointless to discuss with you.....In the future you will be on my ignore list.....FAL who? Yea, he isnt relevant.:)

4. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

No one is saved without faith. No one!
    Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    cool feature...probably created by a Non Calvinist :thumbs:

here is what you get...."This message is hidden because freeatlast is on your ignore list."

:laugh:

6. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

:laugh::laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.