1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Was the fall of mankind always within God's plan?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Feb 26, 2007.

1. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Do you think that since the plan of the cross existed ever since that God actually never intented us to directly live in a perfect world? In a perfect world the humans would never have known what sin is and what being without sin means. They also could never have appreciated Jesus as their savior and they also could never have chosen God over sin.
    Do you think that because God doesn't want robots he was simply willing to pay the price and gave men free will even though he knew that this would mean that mankind would fall?
    Do you think that what God actually was looking for is the new earth where he can finally live together with those which chose him? But on the other hand the bible says that God chose us. :confused:
    Anyway, do you think that all these things were necessary to happen because otherwise there also would not have been the cross?

2. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

xdx, you're making my brain hurt. ;)

That's a very complicated question. God is sovereign, so God would have to have known what would happen; thus God had a plan inplace. However, we are created for relationship with God, so the original state of man would have been our intended state of being.

I have no idea if that makes sense.

3. DQuixote

DQuixote New Member

No, see, actually, xdx, God sort of starts and stops, and drives his fist thru the wall, then goes to plan b, and then tears up all his plans and storms out of his office, and then he comes back and after pouting for a while he tries to glue the pieces of his plan back together, and then he has this big chalkboard where he works out mathematical formulae ---- well, you get the picture. We just sort of wait and wonder, ya know. Hope this helps! I'll be standing by if I need to clear anything up!! :sleeping_2:

4. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

:laugh: :laugh:

5. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    God "intended" that man should REMAIN sinless, holy harmless and living in a perfect, safe, sinless pure world.

God "intended" that mankind would never fall.

Just as with the Angels.

But God KNEW that mankind would fall - just as with the Angels.

In Christ,

Bob