1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Was this wedding special or a sham!

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Salty, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It wasn't special to me - it was stupid.

But if it was special to them, then it was special to them. It was their day.

It isn't my cup of tea, but then again - I'm not into white dresses, veils, flowers, and man-made vows either. Sometimes those traditional things are shams, too.

What would I do? Find a justice of the peace.

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Sure, why not? It definitely would be a different song choice, but why not personalize a memorable day instead of being exactly like everyone else?

I'm also one that thinks the whole white dress/thousands of dollars is silly, but that's mostly because it's thousands of dollars and the white dress means NOTHING anymore in our society.

Put all that money into a college savings account for future kids or into an emergency account...I see so many who spend so much and start out a financial mess or with no savings.

The only thing that stinks about a court marriage or anything else is that nobody sends gifts or anything. It's insulting to have that happen and then have those same people send a wedding invite and then still expect a gift just because they invited you.

Makes me wanna sing my own song. ROFL Wouldn't that be a trip...

But yeah. If she wanted to sing her way down the aisle, then I'm glad she did. I don't get why the news people making comments were so cruel about it.

4. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

My wife, who is a terrific singer, sang at our wedding. She didn't walk down the aisle,but actually stood just outside the church auditorium with a wireless mike.

My pastor was in on it, but I was totally taken by surprise.

I was still out in the lobby, waiting for all the preliminaries to finish, when my pastor motioned to me to step inside the door. "This is for you," he said.

Maybe some folks thought it was corny, but it tickled me to death.

By the way, this was the day after we had had a counseling session with our pastor, who told us "don't ever keep secrets from each other."

I told my pastor afterward, "hey, you were aiding and abetting her desire to keep a secret from me."

He smiled: "You weren't married yet."

5. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

I wrote and sang a song to my bride at my second wedding. Two weeks later she started sleeping on the sofa and criticized EVERYTHING I said and did. At 8 months and 12 days she moved out and divorced me because I wasn't perfect like she was.

6. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Jon-Marc, your story reminded me of another one.

The preacher was preaching hard.

"Nobody's perfect, except Jesus!" he thundered. "Is there anybody here who thinks they're perfect? Is there anybody here who knows anybody that's perfect?"

Toward the back of the auditorium, an elderly fellow raised his hand.

"You, sir, you know somebody that was perfect? Who was it?"

The elderly fellow replied "my wife's late first husband."