1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Washington Post Fact-Checker: Obama Had The Biggest Lie Of The Year

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Appearing on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” Washington Post Fact Checker columnist Glenn Kessler said the lie with the “biggest bang” belonged to President Barack Obama.

“Glenn, there’s a lot of lies this year, Pinocchio lies,” host Joe Scarborough pointed out. “What’s the top lie of the year?” (RELATED: Washington Post Fact Checker: Obama Flip-Flopped On Executive Amnesty)

“Well, I don’t do a ‘top lie,’” Kessler said at first.

Scarborough rephrased the question: ”What lie had the biggest bang?”

“Well, I look at the issues that, you know, resonate with people, or big issues,” Kessler responded. “So one of the major things was Barack Obama saying that he was not specifically referring to ISIS when he referred to a JV team.”

http://dailycaller.com/2014/12/16/washpo-fact-checker-obama-had-the-biggest-lie-of-the-year-video/

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I nominate, "If you like your health care plan you can keep it" although that crosses several years.

"The Republicans have filibustered over 500 bills in the last 5 years that would have helped the middle class", has got to be way up on the list. [Note: Not sure if it was 5 years or longer, but still, 500 bills filibustered? Edited to add: This one made the WaPo list. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/wp/2014/12/15/the-biggest-pinocchios-of-2014/ And it was 500 bills filibustered since 2007.]

#2 InTheLight, Dec 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2014