1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Washington Post Launches Campaign Against George Allen

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

What a completely ridiculous post. Unless one was completely out of the loop they would know there is a difference between "men of color" using the N word, and a white man using a racial slur toward a "man of color". Unless of course you have no qualms about going up to "men of color" and calling them a N to their face, or even using the term in their presence. :eek: :rolleyes: To quote Randall Kennedy, Professor of Law, HarvardUniversity:
    http://www.cr.nps.gov/ethnography/aah/AAheritage/intro_furthRdg1.htm

Allen's presidential aspirations expired the moment the word left his mouth. There is nothing "smart" about that.

#21 Filmproducer, Oct 16, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2006
  2. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Unfortunately, as BIR has pointed out, he will probably retain his seat.

3. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

Agreed, and yes it is very unfortunate.

4. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

The Webb / Allen race just keeps getting better.....

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/11/04/D8L6KDI80.html

But it gets better:

Notice that nobody has made a claim that there was a threat to Allen's daughter.....

Despite this "swiftboating" of Senator Allen, I am sure that he will keep his job in the Senate.....

BiR (actually back in Richmond)

5. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Allen continues to bleed. It's now too close to call. He may pull it out, but his hopes to be president are dead.

6. Jeff Weaver

Jeff Weaver New Member

Well we can hope Mr. Allen loses Tuesday. He was at best a mediocore governor and has proven to be an even worse senator.

I attended the Democratic Party rally here at the local county seat yesterday, Saturday November 4. It was packed and Webb was an outstanding speaker. He publically declared his belief in Christ, as did Governor Tim Kaine, former governor Mark Warner, and Congressman Boucher.

7. Baptist in Richmond

Hey Jeff!

I still think that Allen is going to win. But then again, I think that the GOP will maintain control of both Houses. Once this happens, and there is no fear of change in party control, I can hardly wait to see what is planned for us.....

Hope you and yours are doing well,
    BiR

8. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

This whole "macaca" incident could very well turn out like another case I covered as a reporter back in 1989. Houston was in the midst of a city council election, and Republican incumbent Jim Westmoreland was running against political newbie and black housewife, Bevery Clarke. Polls showed Westmoreland would win with an overwhelming majority.

Shortly before the election, Congressman Mickey Leland, a member of the Black Congressional Caucus, died in a plane crash while on a mission in Ethiopia. The council was acting on a proposal to name the new international terminal at Houston Intercontinental Airport after Leland (which did, in fact, occur).

Westmoreland opened his pie hole and said, "The idea now is to name the airport N****r International. That way it would satisfy all the blacks."

Clarke won in a landslide.

9. Baptist in Richmond

I saw this link at the Drudge Report:
    http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/11/08/D8L98GMG0.html

I think this is a bit premature.....

Regards,
    BiR

10. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

You must be very young. Can't you remember back very far? Well I can and my statement stands as stated, with a few years added in for that to have passed mostly away.

I still maintain Allen did not equate Macaca (sp) with a racial slur. It makes absolutely no sense. I do agree that his presidential aspirations are pretty much gone, leaving the republicans with McCain. What happens when two unelectable collide?

11. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

Are you saying Guliani is married? to another man? a second time? I've never heard that before.

12. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

Age has nothing to with it. Besides that I have no idea what you want me to remember.

I seriously doubt you would call a black man a n****r to his face. Did you even read the link I posted? While SOME, not all, black people use the term, there many who do not use it at all, and find its use completely reprehensible. I am 100% certain they would not take your calling them a n****r well. In fact, when you do I would love to see. It would be great for a documentary, although I wouldn't get much footage, someone would have to step in and stop your beating.

Who knows why Allen used the remark. Personally, I think he thought he could get away with it because many people do not use the term today. Frankly I think he underestimated people and their reaction. Oh well, it's all water under the bridge. It will take more than a miracle to resurrect his political career.

13. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

:rolleyes: Judith Nathan

14. Baptist in Richmond

It most certainly was a racial slur. Allen didn't make up that word, despite his claims to the contrary.

BiR

15. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

Would someone please inform me of Guliani's sexual proclivities? I've never heard hi was a homosexual, just that he left his wife.

16. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Why do you want to know?

17. Daisy

Daisy New Member

I have never heard any allegations that he was homosexual. There are rumors of an affair with his former press secretary, Christine Lategano, which they both deny as well as his publicly flaunted affair with his now present wife, Judith Nathan, while he was still married to Donna Hanover.

He announced his engagement to Ms. Nathan at a press conference before he had the decency to tell his wife and children. That's a bad way to learn that your daddy is divorcing your mama.

18. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

Because of this post.

Originally Posted by Daisy
    Phfft. He announced his engagement to Nathan while he was still married to Hanover. His kids found out he was divorcing their mom from the media - Giuliani didn't even have the decency to tell them in private. His lawyer publicly berated her on Mother's Day. I wouldn't think the family-values crowd would be thrilled with him.

And what do you mean, why do I want to know?

19. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

There is no end to the inability to read here. It has already been pointed out that Nathan is a last name for a woman, NOT a man's name, in this instance.

:BangHead:

20. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

That little piece of information was not in there MP.